Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hawks win thriller in OT

Hawks win thriller in OT

The Hawks just won Game 4 in OT! Martin Havlat tied the game with a little under 3 minutes left. Then the Hawks' Dave Bolland threw a loose puck towards the Vancouver net. It eventually found its way into the back of the net and the Hawks won! Great comeback yet again by the Hawks! GO HAWKS!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    I am glad Vancouver lost this game. In all honesty I am pretty sick of the way they play. After seeing the other 3 series and being fully entertained by the tempo, it is pretty annoying seeing them sit back and not even trap (1-2-2), but super trap all the time going 0-2-3, and not even bothering to send in a fore checker half the time. Even as a Devils fan I hated seeing them play that way back in the mid 90's, and really was glad to see it gone from the game for the most part. However the last thing the league needs is another brutally boring team making a long run in the playoffs. The Canucks have arguably the best goalie in hockey; I am sure Roberto can handle it if they open up their game a touch.

man no kidding, that was a good game. now if i could only get coach Q on the line and ask him why matt walker is still on the roster. ugh, all year long i've been watching him show off his AHL skills and this time of the year it is really hard to accept. how he can scratch johnson and let walker out there is beyond me but I guess that's why i'm not the coach. as much as i like 'steeger it's killing me when he gets too cute and tries to make the one-on-one play only to cough it up on the blue line. i can only imagine how many times the coaching staff has beaten it into his head all year but he still doesn't get it in deep.

i should just quit complaining i'm having tons of fun following my team this year. go hawks!

Quote Originally Posted by whiteevo View Post
    man no kidding, that was a good game. now if i could only get coach Q on the line and ask him why matt walker is still on the roster. ugh, all year long i've been watching him show off his AHL skills and this time of the year it is really hard to accept. how he can scratch johnson and let walker out there is beyond me but I guess that's why i'm not the coach. as much as i like 'steeger it's killing me when he gets too cute and tries to make the one-on-one play only to cough it up on the blue line. i can only imagine how many times the coaching staff has beaten it into his head all year but he still doesn't get it in deep.

i should just quit complaining i'm having tons of fun following my team this year. go hawks!
    YES! Finally someone agrees with me! Johnson is a SOLID d-man, Walker is okay, but not as good as Aaron. Plus Aaron is good offensively too. I'm also getting sick of Kane and Steeger trying to go through 4 guys to make the top play on SportsCenter every shift, just pass it or dump it in!

c'mon man you know NO hockey plays make sportscenter, haha

I like Johnson also, but Walker is a solid D-man. He may not be fast or score alot, but he plays solid "D" and it's also a big body out there. He had a couple of nice hits last night. Besides the Hawks have been playing great so why mess with the mojo.

The Nucks don't want to get into a open game with the Hawks. The Hawks have way to much speed for them. As long as the Hawks can keep shutting down the Sedin girls they should do ok the next couple of games.
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

OK... time for a Vancouver fan to weigh in...

This wasn't a "thriller"... We (the Canucks) played it a wee bit too tight, and by a wee bit I mean way too tight. We are a great defensive team... I don't know if anyone can argue that. In Game 3, we played a solid defensive style, AND still had the presence of mind to push on the offensive side. We stopped pushing at 3-0. Chicago only musters 1 goal, and we look like geniuses. Last night, however, we sat back and defended a 1-0 lead? How dumb is that? Your 'Hawks are a fantastic, skillful team... I don't know what Coach V was thinking... We've blown 3-0 and 2-0 leads... What made him think that defending a 1-0 lead was a good idea?

Playing to win is a better strategy than playing not to lose... Comprende?

It's hard to call a game a "thriller" when we only muster 15 shots and plug up the neutral zone for 30 minutes. That's why this wasn't a "thriller".

All that being said, the Canucks are still a deeper team, a team with veterans. We'll build off the positives of Game 3 and even Game 4, and tweak our game a bit, and come out gang-busters on Saturday night.

Chicago has played better than I thought they would, but, I still think that Vancouver will win the series. Chicago will win Lord Stanley's Cup with their current crop of talent, just not this year.

Just my 2 cents worth...

Quote Originally Posted by Beejizzle View Post
    OK... time for a Vancouver fan to weigh in...

This wasn't a "thriller"... We (the Canucks) played it a wee bit too tight, and by a wee bit I mean way too tight. We are a great defensive team... I don't know if anyone can argue that. In Game 3, we played a solid defensive style, AND still had the presence of mind to push on the offensive side. We stopped pushing at 3-0. Chicago only musters 1 goal, and we look like geniuses. Last night, however, we sat back and defended a 1-0 lead? How dumb is that? Your 'Hawks are a fantastic, skillful team... I don't know what Coach V was thinking... We've blown 3-0 and 2-0 leads... What made him think that defending a 1-0 lead was a good idea?

Playing to win is a better strategy than playing not to lose... Comprende?

It's hard to call a game a "thriller" when we only muster 15 shots and plug up the neutral zone for 30 minutes. That's why this wasn't a "thriller".

All that being said, the Canucks are still a deeper team, a team with veterans. We'll build off the positives of Game 3 and even Game 4, and tweak our game a bit, and come out gang-busters on Saturday night.

Chicago has played better than I thought they would, but, I still think that Vancouver will win the series. Chicago will win Lord Stanley's Cup with their current crop of talent, just not this year.

Just my 2 cents worth...
    You are right, this was by no means a "thriller', except for maybe the first period and the last 6 or 7 minutes that were played. Like you said the nucks only got 15 shots on goal, only because they decided to try and hold on to the lead. It just seemed like they did not want to attrack the Hawks goal at all after they scored.

It looked moree like we were playing the Wild than the Canucks last night.

my 2 pesos worth
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by zunato View Post
    I like Johnson also, but Walker is a solid D-man. He may not be fast or score alot, but he plays solid "D" and it's also a big body out there. He had a couple of nice hits last night. Besides the Hawks have been playing great so why mess with the mojo.

The Nucks don't want to get into a open game with the Hawks. The Hawks have way to much speed for them. As long as the Hawks can keep shutting down the Sedin girls they should do ok the next couple of games.
    i dont wanna get in an argument here but walker is anything but solid "d" play. big yes, tough yes, but solid no. i cringe whenever he is out there. i feel bad for barker to be paired with this guy. maybe i've had my walker-hating blinders on for the last half of the year but man i think he has been terrible. get him outta there, put fraiser back on d, haha.
    deee-troit sucks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast