Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: clintscards

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lesracing's Items on eBay

clintscards

1. Name
    Clinton Sapp - Clint is fine.

2. SCF ID
    ClintsCards

3. Location – City, State
    For 30 years we lived just outside of New Orleans but in January of ’06 we woke up and moved to the beautiful, but sometimes cold, mountains of Maryville in east Tennessee.

4. Give a brief history of what you do in everyday life. What are your hobbies?
    I am responsible for setting up and dismantling exhibits for tradeshows and conventions. I travel all across the US managing strategic accounts to make sure that the client is provided the highest level of service while staying within the budgeted guidelines. Sounds good doesn’t it? In other words I do a lot of preliminary legwork and then supervise the crews to make sure everything is done correctly. On time and on dollars.
    Hobbies – trading cards and my family. Love both!!!!

5. Give a brief history of when, how long and why you got into collecting. Please include whether racing was you first passion in collecting, if not, what was. What was the deciding factor that made the change to racing?
    I guess it was Adam Petty. I have always been a Petty fan and met Kyle at a trade show in New Orleans back in ’94. Nice enough guy. With me having a son, I started watching Kyle and his relationship with his son and thought that is pretty cool how well they get along as father and son and still be friends. Wished I had it when I was a kid and hope I can have it with both of my boys. That started in 1999. Then the accident in 2000 and I wanted an Adam Petty card. Bought it off of eBay. Got to looking at all of the other cards of Kyle & Adam and got hooked. My wife hates to think about how much I have “wasted” over the years. I don’t care. I keep telling her “It’s cheaper than cars and other women!!!!”

I will trade or PAY heavily in your favor for cards from my want list. I am now trading and buying duplicates of race used, numbered and numbered autographs. For no other reason than to just to keep collecting.

6. Your driver/driver’s you collect that this honor is for.
    Kyle Petty. Adam Petty did not have enough cards made to be considered.

7. Do you collect any other sport, if so what?
    Nope. One is enough. When the OCD kicks in it can be brutal!!!

8. Above all give us a break down again of your collection. Percentage owned cards to listed cards. Include some scans of your most prized cards. If set collector, give us again the breakdown to how many sets owned and describe some of the more rarer sets and favorite sets you own. Also include some pictures of the unique items of your collection.

Link to my collection page.
    http://clintscards.com/Clintscardsmycollection.html

Percent of base –
    99.91% - 1,104 different base and inserts. MISSING 1 – 1997 SPX Gold

Percent of numbered –
    97.1% -309 different – 275 duplicates – Missing 9 Mostly 1 of 1’s

Number of EBay Previews –
    100% - 43 Different with 39 duplicates. Along with a ’06 Stealth that is NOT NUMBERED.

Number of Beckett Samples –
    92.60% - 25 – Missing 2 - ’04 Trackside #64 and ’05 Trackside # 67.

Percent of Race Used –
    100% - ALL!!! 23 different with 124 duplicates

Percent of Autographs –
    92.60% - 42 Different pack pulled with 23 duplicates. Missing 10 – 9 1998 Buy Backs and the Four Star General 1/1.

Just a couple of the good ones.

1998 Buy Back #10/12

2009 PP Santa Hat

2005 Legends Preview 1/1 Lee, Richard & Kyle

Richard, Kyle & Adam Autos on a postcard. The only one I've ever seen in silver sharpie.
    Looks really sweet up close!!!

9. Please enclose a personal picture of yourself so we can see the person behind the fantastic collection.

Me and my buddy Unk Les. He came all the way into NYC to have lunch with me. Pretty cool of him. I am the clown on the left!!!
    Last edited by Lesracing; 05-09-2009 at 10:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lesracing's Items on eBay

Congrats Clint for your Supercollector status! Personally knowing about the AWESOME collection of Kyle Petty cards (and all the other goodies you have), I'd be willing to bet that someday soon you just might have one of every card ever produced of Kyle's!!!

Aw Man... didn't you have a better picture of us from that day in NYC??? That guy standing there to your left looks like he was left out in the rain for a day before the picture was taken! OH WAIT... he was! LOL

Congrats on your Supecollector acheivement. Super to see such an awsome collection. Can't wait to see a pic of your newest addition to the collection when you get it back from Kyle!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Pittsburgh Penguins Pittsburgh Pirates Pittsburgh Steelers
    Upper Deck ePack

Congrats on this honor! You deserve it!

Darin

SCF Rewards
    Country

Way to go Clint. Very impressive collection.
    Hidden Content

I do not accept PWEs

I actively trade for these drivers: Greg Biffle--Marcos Ambrose--NHRA

Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See kapperskloset's Items on eBay

Congratulations, Clint!! Terrific honor, you deserve it!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

Congrats Clint! That is one amazing collection-good luck in finding those very few remaining!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Way to go Clint!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago White Sox Wake Forest Demon Deacons Carolina Panthers

Awesome Job, Clint Nice Collection. Congrats!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tristanwolf's Items on eBay

very impressive clint. love the cabinets.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See hunnied's Items on eBay

Very nice collection!!

Ashley

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast