Staal sets record, 'Canes push Bruins to brink

Carolina star scores twice as top-seeded Boston trails 2nd-round series 3-1

RALEIGH, N.C. - Eric Staal scored two goals to break the club career playoff scoring record, and the Carolina Hurricanes pushed the top-seeded Boston Bruins to the brink of elimination, pulling away late for a 4-1 victory Friday night.

The Hurricanes lead the Eastern Conference semifinal series 3-1. Game 5 is Sunday night in Boston.

Jussi Jokinen scored the go-ahead goal at 2:52 of the third and assisted on the two goals that followed, and Sergei Samsonov added a goal for the Hurricanes.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/30651069/
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

VS actually went to the end of this game after the Pens Caps. +1.

How rocking was that arena. It was awesome. For all the heat the NHL has taken for moving teams south, this is a success story that gets overlooked.

I'm still mad they moved from Hartford, but those Carolina fans down there know their hockey and really step it up during playoff time. Go 'Canes!

I'm very surprised by the turn this series is taking...got to love playoffs hockey lol

Quote Originally Posted by griff2311 View Post
    VS actually went to the end of this game after the Pens Caps. +1.

How rocking was that arena. It was awesome. For all the heat the NHL has taken for moving teams south, this is a success story that gets overlooked.
    Griff,
    Glad to see ya say that as I remember when the Canes first season started a friend used to talk about how ignorant a lot of fans were. So glad to see a fan give a franchise it due as it is a great franchise with a awesome fan base.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

They are great down there lol however I myself still harbor bad feelings for the canes.....only cuz Im loyal to the oil and we all know what happened. lol

Quote Originally Posted by spoodini View Post
    I'm still mad they moved from Hartford, but those Carolina fans down there know their hockey and really step it up during playoff time. Go 'Canes!