Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Welfare recipient denied entrance to Canada

Welfare client kept out of Canada files complaint

The 25-year-old Kelley tells The Argus-Press of Owosso that she planned to visit friends and relatives when she arrived at the border May 1. She says she was told to furnish evidence of citizenship, financial support and other documentation, but was denied entry again on May 3.

Kelley says she was told she didn't make enough money and people on welfare shouldn't take vacations.

Wow...God bless Canadian Border Services!

SCF Rewards
    Country

That is so wrong. Something has to be done about this people

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

That is so wrong. Something has to be done about this people

I gave 20 years of my life to protect the rights of you and others to voice your opinion....

BUT!!!!...I did not give 20 years of my life so I could pay for someone's vacation.

Country
    See terpstradust's Items on eBay

I'm sorry but I agree with the fact that she should not be taking vacations or anything of the support when she is collecting welfare. However I do not support the fact that they turned her away because of this fact.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

I'm sorry but I agree with the fact that she should not be taking vacations or anything of the support when she is collecting welfare. However I do not support the fact that they turned her away because of this fact.

That's how I feel about it too. It makes me happy that they did, but it's not their place to.

In the other thread I posted today about welfare benefits and purchasing alcohol, the welfare admin didn't want to insinuate that welfare recipients were irresponsible with their benefits...and then you read something like this!

Blog Entries
    Country

lol omg, that is so wrong

SCF Rewards
    Country

I understand the decision about the alcohol. But, you can't take vacation??? She is just driving to some friends house, she is not going to a 5 star hotel in Vegas

Country

Ya but how far was she driving how much is she spending on gas maybe she is staying in a hotel on the way. Theres many factors we dont know. And if I was on welfare I would be worring about rent and food

Country
    See romosniper's Items on eBay

Ya but how far was she driving how much is she spending on gas maybe she is staying in a hotel on the way. Theres many factors we dont know. And if I was on welfare I would be worring about rent and food

The point is that she should get a job instead of visiting friends and living off the tax money that we all pay in.
    Good for Canada.

Country

The point is that she should get a job instead of visiting friends and living off the tax money that we all pay in.
    Good for Canada.

thats the point i was making as well. It was in response to whoever said "she was only driving over to a friends house not staying in a 5 star hotel in vegas."

I meant that we dont know she wasnt staying in a hotel or how much gas she was using she still shouldn't be doing it if she is on welfare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast