Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool SCF "Video of the Month" contest #2

Woo hoo! The previous SCF "Video of the Month" contest had lots of great entries and voting is now underway for that one. (The deadline for voting is Monday May 25 8:59 pm EST.)

So now we start another round of video creations/submissions. The contest is simple! Make a home video that is sports card related, post it on YouTube channel and post your video's YouTube URL here in this thread. Your video will be automatically embedded in your post. (Staff not eligible.) Also, you can subscribe to our SCF YouTube page where you can find some great examples of box breaks and collectors/staff showing off cards. We will also ask each winner to send a copy of the video to SCF so that we can upload the video to the SCF YouTube page.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/imag...009/04/300.jpg

Prizes to be announced soon!

VIDEO ENTRY RULES (New rule modifications in red.)
    1. The video must be sports card related. Some examples would be showing off your collection, maildays, a box break, a video diary giving your opinion, a trip to the card shop, etc. Provide a descriptive title for your video. Videos submitted in previous video contests are ineligible for this contest. Each video must be at least 3 minutes in length but no longer than 10 minutes in length (YouTube limits videos to 10 minutes in length).
    2. Give a creative/professional shout-out to SCF in the video. Examples: verbally promote "sportscardforum.com", put "sportscardforum.com" text/logo in your video, etc.
    3. Up load the video to YouTube. Paste your video's YouTube URL in a post here in this thread. Your video will be automatically embedded in your post.
    4. The deadline for posting videos on YouTube and corresponding videos in this thread is the last day of the month, Sunday May 31 at 11:59 pm EST. If you miss the deadline, you can simply enter your video in the following month's "Video of the Month" contest.
    5. After the video submission deadline, a new "Video Voting" thread with a poll will be posted where SCF members will be judging the videos based on the following (in no particular order):
    * Level of entertainment
    * Creativity
    * How well your message is conveyed
    * Quality of your video
    * Relevance to the theme of "Sports Cards"
    * Promotion of SCF visually/aurally/other
    6. For this contest, there is a limit of 3 video submissions per member. Each member who submits a video will receive 100 CardCash per video.
    7. Placing a link to this thread and/or the video voting thread into your sig to promote your video entry is encouraged. However, soliciting members to vote for your video entry via private messages, emails, etc. is not permitted and will subject your video entries to disqualification.
    8. Videos must be in good taste. Any video entry that violates any SCF rule will be ineligible.
    9. Videos will be declared ineligible if a member is suspended/banned for any reason between the time of this post and the video submission deadline. (Please mind your SCF p's and q's. )

Even if you don't have a video camera, you can still win CardCash Rewards just by viewing these videos and posting your comments on YouTube. See Video Viewing/Comment Rules below.

Video Viewing/Comment Rewards Rules:
    1. You will be awarded 10 CardCash (cc) for viewing a video and posting an in-depth comment/review about it in the video's YouTube "Commentary" area. Your comment must also mention your SCF user name if it is different from your YouTube user name. You may post a comment on as many video entries as you like but there is a limit of 10 cc per video. Thus you can be awarded 200 cc if you comment on 20 different video entries. However, commenting more than once on just one video entry will still only get you 10 cc.
    2. Negative/sarcastic comments will not be eligible for the 10 cc rewards.
    3. Comments posted in this contest thread or in the "Video Voting" thread are encouraged but will not be eligible for the 10 cc rewards.
    4. Members who have submitted video entries will also be eligible for the 10 cc rewards.
    5. The deadline for posting an in-depth comment/review in the video's YouTube "Commentary" area to receive a 10 cc reward will be the same as the deadline to vote for the videos. A new "Video Voting" thread stating the comment/review deadline will created after the video submission deadline. CardCash will be distributed after the comment/review deadline.

One other little detail--you'll need a YouTube account to upload a video and/or post a comment in YouTube's "Commentary" section. If you don't have one, you can get one here. Important--be sure to read YouTube's "Terms of Use" and "Privacy Policy".

SCF Rewards
    Country

Will the upcoming video contest be voted on by members, like the current month's ?

Blog Entries
    Country
    See SingleDaddyof2's Items on eBay

Cool

Will the upcoming video contest be voted on by members, like the current month's ?

Yes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See vkramer123's Items on eBay

Lower the length requirement or low participation IMO. 2:00?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Contest videos absolutely should be excluded. If (when?) CNS's contest video will win, it will encourage people not to make videos based on your criteria, but based on what will get them the win.

Last months contest was NOT voted on solely by the criteria, and corrections should be made to prevent this from happening again.

Having SCF members vote is unreliable-- in the case of promoting your video in your sig, for example, it helps people who are more active on the forum. In addition, if you are active in a more populated forum than another (I'm sure baseball, football, hockey, racing, etc dont all have the same viewership) then that is also an advantage (or disadvantage for others who don't frequent those sections).

I want to rigorously make my video, not rigorously promote it, even in subtle forms. I realize that some changes have been made toward that end, and that the goal is preserve the participation of SCF members, but I think that the quality videos are not necessarily winning out. This is massively discouraging to anyone who would consider spending lots of time on an entry, like myself.

Perhaps SCF staff should nominate a few entries (5-6) to be voted on by SCF members, to thin down the video field based on the voting criteria and make it easier to people to vote. As it was last time, not many wanted to spend 30 minutes crawling through all those videos. This would also eliminate pandering entries and make the candidate videos more interesting and more competitive.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

This is essentially what I said about 2-3 weeks ago.

Contest videos absolutely should be excluded. If (when?) CNS's contest video will win, it will encourage people not to make videos based on your criteria, but based on what will get them the win.

Last months contest was NOT voted on solely by the criteria, and corrections should be made to prevent this from happening again.

Having SCF members vote is unreliable-- in the case of promoting your video in your sig, for example, it helps people who are more active on the forum. In addition, if you are active in a more populated forum than another (I'm sure baseball, football, hockey, racing, etc dont all have the same viewership) then that is also an advantage (or disadvantage for others who don't frequent those sections).

I want to rigorously make my video, not rigorously promote it, even in subtle forms. I realize that some changes have been made toward that end, and that the goal is preserve the participation of SCF members, but I think that the quality videos are not necessarily winning out. This is massively discouraging to anyone who would consider spending lots of time on an entry, like myself.

Perhaps SCF staff should nominate a few entries (5-6) to be voted on by SCF members, to thin down the video field based on the voting criteria and make it easier to people to vote. As it was last time, not many wanted to spend 30 minutes crawling through all those videos. This would also eliminate pandering entries and make the candidate videos more interesting and more competitive.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have to agree . members should vote and The top 5 should be voted on by the members of the scf team managers , moderators ect .After all If I own a business and I was doing a commercial to promote my business I wouldn't want the member to vote on that commercial that I would use I would want my managment team to pick the best one . As all of us have witness the best video is not the one that won . Good luck with your next months video because I wont waste my time again .

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think you bring up some excellent points. Perhaps the staff can discuss this futher, although we did already make the rule changes we felt necessary...

Also, I think another idea could be if members vote for the top 3-5 videos, but the staff will have their own poll to decide the final winner. This way the top entries will be determined by members, but allowing the staff to vote last will allow us to futher determine whether a video is sliding by the rules...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good luck with your next months video because I wont waste my time again .

Ah please don't say that! I think it's important for people with the capability to participate to do so-- it makes it all that much more enjoyable and pushes the video quality higher. I'd be happy to kick around some ideas with you (I'll just be a muse, you take all the cred)

pm me if you want.

btw, if you implication is that I should've won, ty.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I just want to put in another suggestion . Split the top 5 prizes evenly . This also would eliminate the bias voting . I don't see any new video`s here yet . So that will tell you there right away changes need to be made for this to be successful .

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast