Best excuse to tell the cops - can you beat it?

Suspect: Illegal dumping was friend's dying wish

Tony Dean Lane, 48, of Des Moines, admitted throwing a blue recliner in the water at Riverview Park after police observed a cushion floating on the surface and the recliner mostly submerged near the middle of the pond...

...Lane's explanation was that he frequently went fishing there with a friend who is now deceased and he was going to start a reef at that spot...and added it was his friend's dying wish.
    Now how could you deny a dying man's last request? I love it.

Now I'm not suggesting the guy was lying, but what's the most outrageous excuse you've heard when caught doing something illegal?

haha his wish man that is good.
    Collecting GU/Patches/Autos: Dodgers, UCLA, Lakers, Falcons

anyone watch "How I Met Your Mother" ?
    new episode last night. if anyone does and saw it last night, you'll get how it was funny

if not, i'll be glad to post

Quote Originally Posted by jsox View Post
    anyone watch "How I Met Your Mother" ?
    new episode last night. if anyone does and saw it last night, you'll get how it was funny

if not, i'll be glad to post
    Does it have something to do with this thread?

yes it's good comedy about being pulled over for speeding...