Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Golf Analyst Feherty Apologizes for Pelosi Joke

Golf Analyst Feherty Sorry for Pelosi Joke in Dallas Magazine

CBS Sports golf analyst David Feherty apologized Sunday to House Speaker Nancy Pelosi and Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid for a morbid joke that went bad in a Dallas magazine...

..."From my own experience visiting the troops in the Middle East, I can tell you this though," Feherty wrote toward the end of his column.

"Despite how the conflict has been portrayed by our glorious media, if you gave any U.S. soldier a gun with two bullets in it, and he found himself in an elevator with Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid and Osama bin Laden, there's a good chance that Nancy Pelosi would get shot twice, and Harry Reid and bin Laden would be strangled to death."
    That's stinkin' hilarious...another reason to love David Feherty! I'm just disappointed that he apologized!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

yeah...that is pretty funny...so was Wanda Sykes joking about Rush Limbaugh's kidney's failing!

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    yeah...that is pretty funny...so was Wanda Sykes joking about Rush Limbaugh's kidney's failing!
    Which nobody has yet bothered to apologize for by the way.

4. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    Thats what I'm talking about. Its ok when liberals do it, but bad when conservatives do it. Its a double standard.

I dont agree with what Feherty said, but I will say at least he didnt say "I hope Pelosi dies" like Wanda Sykes said about Limbaugh.

Because the media doesn't care when one of their own makes a joke like that...but when the enemy does, big trouble!

And I don't agree with what Feherty said...except I kinda do

Quote Originally Posted by Aikman_TheGreat View Post
    Thats what I'm talking about. Its ok when liberals do it, but bad when conservatives do it. Its a double standard.

I dont agree with what Feherty said, but I will say at least he didnt say "I hope Pelosi dies" like Wanda Sykes said about Limbaugh.
    let me just say i agree with what Feherty (never heard of him before) and Sykes said...it's a free freaking country and neither should apologize. Feherty was probably threatened with his job though, and Sykes should have realized she's performing in front of the president and should have toned it down. They were both funny though.

However, Feherty said a marine would put two bullets in Pelosi's head and then choke bin laden (allegedly the most wanted man in the world)....how is that any different than Sykes saying she hopes Limbaugh's kidneys fail? At least look at it realistically!

Quote Originally Posted by OnePimpTiger View Post
    Golf Analyst Feherty Sorry for Pelosi Joke in Dallas Magazine

That's stinkin' hilarious...another reason to love David Feherty! I'm just disappointed that he apologized!

its funny that he says that he thinks a soldier would rather shoot U.S. citizens over someone that created thousands of deaths and has pure hatred over the country that the soldier is willing to give his life for? that is pretty twisted man

Do ya'll remember that stupid poem Sean Penn read on T.V.? All 3 networks stopped everything else so that he could say "Bush's hands were soaking in innocent blood", or something like that. What he said was actually a whole lot worse, but all 3 networks stop all programming for it???!!!!

But conservatives/republicans have to apologize for similar/less graphic comments?

Sure is funny, e-mails and memos surface proving how much liberals lie. the president lies continuously, but when a Republican President is in the White House, he is accused for lying over and over again with absolutely NO proof, evidence, e-mails, memos, meeting minutes, etc........

But gullible Americans fall for it hook, line, and sinker. Are we getting what we asked for with this American idol generation? No child left behind, just pass 'em through no matter what, and make sure to watch American idol tonight...........

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    let me just say i agree with what Feherty (never heard of him before) and Sykes said...it's a free freaking country and neither should apologize. Feherty was probably threatened with his job though, and Sykes should have realized she's performing in front of the president and should have toned it down. They were both funny though.

However, Feherty said a marine would put two bullets in Pelosi's head and then choke bin laden (allegedly the most wanted man in the world)....how is that any different than Sykes saying she hopes Limbaugh's kidneys fail? At least look at it realistically!
    I think most of think they are similar and that's the problem. Feherty was forced to apologize for his, Sykes wasn't. The media makes a big deal about Feherty's comment, they don't about Sykes. They aren't any different, but they're being treadted very different and therein lies the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by duwal View Post
    its funny that he says that he thinks a soldier would rather shoot U.S. citizens over someone that created thousands of deaths and has pure hatred over the country that the soldier is willing to give his life for? that is pretty twisted man
    I'm glad to see you get the joke...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast