Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Country

Former Mexican president calls for legalizing marijuana

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/americ...ef=mpstoryview

(CNN) -- Former Mexican President Vicente Fox has joined three other ex-leaders of Latin American nations calling for the decriminalization of marijuana.

Former Mexico President Vicente Fox says it's time to open the debate on legalizing marijuana.
    Fox, who was Mexico's president from 2000 to 2006, said the current policy is clearly not working.

"I believe it's time to open the debate over legalizing drugs," he told CNN on Tuesday. "It must be done in conjunction with the United States, but it is time to open the debate."

Fox's comparison of the current battle to Prohibition in the United States in the 1920s was recently touted by Robert Pastor, who was a Latin America national security adviser for President Carter in the late 1970s. He called the problem in Mexico "even worse than Chicago during the Prohibition era."

Pastor said a solution similar to what ended that violence is needed now.

"What worked in the U.S. was not Eliot Ness," he said, referring to the federal agent famous for fighting gangsters in the 1920s and 1930s. "It was the repeal of Prohibition."

was there any doubt I'd post this article?

SCF Rewards
    Country

hahahaha....I think they should legalize marihuana at least

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ntgiants612's Items on eBay

was there any doubt I'd post this article?

I had some doubt that you might have been too baked to post it

Blog Entries
    Country

hahaha nice post. definately should legalize marijuana

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm with ya Red ... Legalize it ... I'd pay a tax to buy, no problem mon!!

and while were at it ... throw in Prostitution as well. Tax them both and I GUARANTEE it pulls the nose of this diving 757 we call our economy, up and out of the hole we are in now.