Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Philly area hobby shops w/ hockey????

I just found out that the place I normally buy cards(BC Sportscards) went out of business. I live in Pottstown, Montgomery County, 40 miles NW of Philadelphia. Anybody know of any hobby shops near me that sell hockey? I'm hoping to find someplace to get my fix without having to exclusively use the internet.

I've always enjoyed the immediate satisfaction of buying a box in person and not having to wait for it to ship from some far off, distant location. Even if it meant paying a little bit more, I'd still do it.

So, any information would be greatly appreciated.

If I can't find a store soon, I may just have to move to Canada and I don't think my wife or parents would appreciate that too much.

TOM

i live 20 miles SE of Philly and there is nothing. BC Sports was it, but they are bankrupt at the moment, they still have all their stuff in my local mall, the store just isnt open though. The only other hobby shop within like 20 miles only sells Fleer and UD Series 1 and they are $85 a box OUCH. Most places that used to be around went out of business with the whole ebay generation i think...

If you are only looking for wax, head up route 100 into emmaus, and there is a shop on the left heading north called AM Professor, he has tons of wax, thats the shop were by buddy bought the Champs box I turned my nose up at and pulled a Gretzky Mini Auto, and Neolithic Tool SP redemption in the same box, the other day. Lots of hockey normally there, and its only about 30 minutes from you

Quote Originally Posted by devilshockey1967 View Post
    If you are only looking for wax, head up route 100 into emmaus, and there is a shop on the left heading north called AM Professor, he has tons of wax, thats the shop were by buddy bought the Champs box I turned my nose up at and pulled a Gretzky Mini Auto, and Neolithic Tool SP redemption in the same box, the other day. Lots of hockey normally there, and its only about 30 minutes from you

Thanks for the recomendation. My son and I headed up there today hoping to score a pack of Ultimate. They didn't have any so we picked up a box of BAP Signature and a few packs of OPC Update. I will post what I got in the box break section after I open the box. I have to do my rehab exercises first. Getting to open the box is my motivation to get finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    i live 20 miles SE of Philly and there is nothing. BC Sports was it, but they are bankrupt at the moment, they still have all their stuff in my local mall, the store just isnt open though. The only other hobby shop within like 20 miles only sells Fleer and UD Series 1 and they are $85 a box OUCH. Most places that used to be around went out of business with the whole ebay generation i think...

The last two times I went to BC Sports, they were closed. So I checked online and saw that they went bankrupt and closed their stores. However, I live near three of their stores and all three are still fully stocked, just closed. They look like they could reopen on a moments nitice.

Thanks to devilshockey1967 another store near me was brought to my attention. THe guy that operates that store is an older retired gentleman who told me he doesn't make much money(can't compete with the internet), but he stays open because it gives him something to do. That is the kind of store I'd rather support then a corporation like BC SPorts. I think I'll be driving to Emmaus from now on. Even if the prices are a few bucks more.

There is not much these days, I think Lou's is still in Philadelphia near the stadiums area otherwise I do not know of any other unless you go to NJ then there is a great guy in Haddonfield NJ but he sells hockey fast.

Theres a couple places I go to in Willow Grove if that isnt to far for you. 1 is the Sportscard Playground on Countyline rd and the other is a little hole in the wall on York rd across from big heads and down from the bowling alley. I love this place. The owner has everything and is always looking to please the customer.

If you all know of any feel free to post them here. Only have 3 listed in PA.

https://www.sportscardforum.com/showthread.php?t=496850

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Legend View Post
    Theres a couple places I go to in Willow Grove if that isnt to far for you. 1 is the Sportscard Playground on Countyline rd and the other is a little hole in the wall on York rd across from big heads and down from the bowling alley. I love this place. The owner has everything and is always looking to please the customer.
    Do you know the name, phone number or address of the place on York Rd. I not real familiar with Willow Grove, but I have family I visit down that way on occasion and would like to try to find this place. I am familiar with the first place on County Line Rd. Their store is so cluttered sometimes that it is too hard to find anything. Just my opinion.

Thanks for the info.

TOM

this is right around the corner for me..though it might be a trek for you guys

riverside sportscards
    25 E Scott St
    Riverside, NJ 08075
    (856) 764-0358

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast