Thumbs up Project-saving mailcall...with a blingy theme!!

Hey gang!

Just 3 cards to show this time around, so here we go...

The 3rd Star came in last week from a great new trader...Justin (aka not2quick from another site). Now you wouldn't think that these would be all that tough to find, but for whatever reason, this was only the 2nd opportunity that I had ever had to trade for one since I started trading online 3 years ago! Thanks again for the trade, Justin!!...

02/03 BAP Memorabilia Sapphire Zetterberg RC parallel /100

Now, speaking of tough...I would suspect that there are more than a few of you set/project collectors out there who have at some point found yourselves contemplating the idea of throwing away months/years of progress on a set or project because of one or two seemingly impossible-to-find pieces of the puzzle. Well, while I'm not traditionally a set/project sort of collector, there is one particular project that I've been working on since 2006 that has taken me for quite a ride on the ol' emotional rollercoaster over the years...the running Red Wings-only Sign of the Times autograph "master" set.

I could probably write a novel chronicling my adventures throughout this project, from the highs of finding an 06/07 Lids/Holmer/Zetty freebie in my mailbox from an awesome friend in the hobby ...to the lows of being sniped by a flippin' nickel on what is still the one-and-only 98/99 Holmer Gold that I've ever seen! But above all else, the one aspect of set/project building that can be both the most gut-wrenching, yet most satisfying is the good ol' chase and eventual capture of those (for lack of better term) WHALES, which once captured, have a way of revitalizing your motivation to continue with the project!!

So without further adieu, here is Star #2...

99/00 SPA Sign of the Times Gold Yzerman auto /25!

And how the heck am I gonna top the capture my #3 all-time most wanted Wings SOTT?...

How about my #2 all-time most wanted Wings SOTT for the 1st Star spotlight!!...

98/99 SPA Sign of the Times Gold Yzerman auto /19!!

I can't thank Jason (jaywings19) enough for making those two Yzie's available from his personal collection...it is very much appreciated!

Although the project is still ongoing, the 99/00 Yzie gold finally polished off the 99/00 portion, so since there are only 6 total (3 regulars, 3 golds), I thought I would post 'em up!...

That's all for now, folks...thanks for stoppin' in!

Cheers,
    Joshua

Wow great cards for sure!
    Collecting:
    Lee Stempniak
    (96.9%, 28 1/1's, 5 Gamers, 3 Sticks) & Cal Clutterbuck (91.0%, 21 1/1's, 1 Stick)
    Also always looking for Paul Stastny & Current Sabres RC's
    Click link for: Hidden Content or Hidden Content

Absolutely AMAZING accomplishment Joshua, I have never even seen the Feds Gold until now, WOW!

That was really a awesome gesture form Jason to move those two Yzermans but at least they went to a good home. Big ups to him as well.

Congrats again pal!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE GRICE BOYS: Hidden Content

My son Austin's Anze Kopitar
    PC:Hidden Content
    Article #1 I wrote for SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Article #2 I wrote for SCF!Hidden Content

very nice cards, congrats on the finds

Awesome stuff as always with the Wings collection. Look forward to seeing more as usual.

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Thanks for the posts, gang!

Barrie-Yeah, I lucked out and won that one (along with 2 99/00 Gordies) a while back when a guy broke up and listed near-complete sets of both the 98/99 and 99/00 gold sets. Too bad that I was outbid on the Homer /96 that he also listed at the time though, as it's the only one I've ever seen.