Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Cup Rumor, it this really true??

i was at my local card shop yesterday and he told me that the price of the cup has gone up this year. he told me bacause i ordered a case from him. he said that is because of 2 reasons
    1 - i am in canada and dollar went down some more thus costing us a little more.
    2 - this is the kicker and didn't know this until he told me that upper deck has cut production this year by 34%. WOW if this is true this should make it book for more than last year.
    has anyone else heard this?

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!
    My shop was saying its gonna run about $350 in down here. Whats it gonna run you?

The part about the dollar is true - the bit about the production cut will only be true if they cut the number of cards in the base set since they're still all /249 and all the other numberings for standard subsets (rookies, parallels) are the same. I think this tactic is being used to justify higher prices.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

RGM - it was warren over at D and M that told me that yesterday

Yes the dollar is down but the first wave should not be that. Maybe I am wrong but I think your shop is doing alittle BSing if he has the price at $415 to start. I am guessing it should be closer to the 350-380 range to start, then it will probably go up.

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    RGM - it was warren over at D and M that told me that yesterday
    Maybe get a price from Strictly Singles too, I hear Warren is a great guy but prices when it comes to boxes aren't always on base with other shops :)

Never hurts to price-check eh?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast