Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Americans tell White House what they want: Pot, Poker, and less Scientology

What Do Americans Want? Legal Pot, White House Online Survey Reports

Forget about the economic crisis, the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and saving Social Security: An online opinion survey released by the White House this week ranks legalizing pot, playing online poker and cracking down on Scientologists as far more important issues.

The results are part of a "Citizen's Briefing Book," which compiles the results of an online project launched by President Obama's transition office to solicit policy ideas from the citizenry. More than 125,000 users submitted 1.4 million votes during the wide-open process, leading to results that clearly do not align with recent scientific polling.

Obviously! I think it's funny how quickly, emphatically, and repeatedly the article states the poll is not scientific.

Blog Entries
    Country

listen to the Americans!!! We are right!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I'll agree with the scientology one since I don't partake in either marijuana or gambling

SCF Rewards
    Country

WHAT!!!!! Where is Legalized prostitution??? .... this poll is clearly not scientific!!!

Not that I partake in prostitution but come one ... imagine the money they could make by taxing the girls!!!! Jeeezus!!!

OH and I definitely agree with the scientology portion, I live in Florida about a 1/2 hour or so from their headquarters in Clearwater Florida and I can tell you .... they are some creepy people!!!

Country

WHAT!!!!! Where is Legalized prostitution??? .... this poll is clearly not scientific!!!

Not that I partake in prostitution but come one ... imagine the money they could make by taxing the girls!!!! Jeeezus!!!

Having been to Atlantic City just a couple weeks ago for a bachelor party, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about

Good luck finding a girl there who's not "working"....When I finally got home, I just assumed every girl I saw was a prostitute...lol

Legalizing marijuana, for example, ranked as the most popular issue. Ending federal prosecutions for medicinal marijuana also ranked high, as did ending the war on drugs. "We must stop imprisoning responsible adult citizens choosing to use a drug that has been mislabeled for over 70 years," said one respondent named "Matt."

AMEN MATT! I just saw this morning that Darius Miles was arrested in Missouri with pot (nothing new), but the thing that stuck out to me was it's a FELONY in Missouri if you have more than 2.5 grams....WOW! You can barely roll a fatty with 2.5 grams

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this one more brick in the wall for the comming campaign to legalize pot? I support it, but don't put out these cheesy feaux-scientific polls. That just cheapens the debate and doesn't bring to the table any actual evidence, facts, or decent arguments.....which is what will definately be needed.

Nevada already has legal prostitution. I don't know if it's taxed, but if it is, I'm sure it brings in plenty to stuff the coffers....no pun intended.

Just think of how much tax revenue could be generated by legalizing a plant? Not to mention the money saved by law enforcement, prisons, etc. It would also put a huge dent in the Mexican drug cartels! That's their biggest cash cow.....

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't think this was meant to be authoritative in any way...the White House just asked for citizen input and the people who support it are the ones that spoke the loudest. No one claims this reflects the majority opinion or anything like that...

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think this was meant to be authoritative in any way...the White House just asked for citizen input and the people who support it are the ones that spoke the loudest. No one claims this reflects the majority opinion or anything like that...

yeah, but it's sure funny how all of a sudden the media is creeping in with the "legalize it" campaign. MSN.com had a video about it on the main page for a few days. The Govenator is speaking up about it, and talking heads on t.v. are discussing it more and more. then this survey is released by the white house.

it's like it's all syncronized to happen "on cue".

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Maybe the debate is just coming to a head...it's been going on a long time now, eventually there will have to be a showdown.