Thread: I Need Your Hockey Opinions

I Need Your Hockey Opinions

I am a fan of hockey and enjoy watching it but I don't follow it closesly enough to know who are the rookies to buy...The following list is the RC's that were offered by etopps from the 2002 season...And now that the season is over it will be a perfect time to invest in some of these up and comers since the prices will drop for a while until next season, so if you could take a look at it and let me know what you think I would appreciate it...Thanks

Rick Nash (R)
    Stanislav Chistov (R)
    Henrik Zetterberg (R)
    Ales Hemsky (R)
    Jay Bouwmeester (R)
    Alexei Smirnov (R)
    Chuck Kobasew (R)
    Pierre-Marc Bouchard (R)
    Jason Spezza (R)
    Alexander Svitov (R)
    Ryan Miller (R)

The big rookies are Nash, Chistov, Zetterberg & Spezza. The middle of the road are Bouwmeester, Bouchard, Svitov and Miller. And the bottom of the pack are Hemsky, Smirnov & Kobasew. I think the underrated rookies that could do better than expected are Bouchard, & Miller.

Chistov is inconsisitent, but has a big upside. Nash, Zetterberg, and Spezza are sure to be superstars or at least stars. Kobasew, Bouchard and Miller are good as well. The rest should become stars or good players. There isn't a single player listed that you could go wrong with.

Good Luck

What about Gaborik? His card isn't listed as a 2002 RC but it is his first etopps card...I've heard some good things about him...

he is a 2000-2001 RC that's why. He is one of the best young players i have ever seen!!! He is an incredible player!!! you should get his card!

the top RC's from the past three years are:

2000-2001 Marian Gaborik, Marty Turco, Martin Havlat, Mike Comrie, Dany Heatley

2001-2002 Ilya Kovalchuck, Dan Blackburn, Pavel Datsyuk, Niko Kapanen

2002-2003 Rick Nash, Henrik Zetterberg, Jason Spezza, Stanislav Chistov

These are the cream of the crop!

Yeah you cant do much better than that group for sure.

bouwmeester is a good player and will be a great player. i'd get his etopps rookie if i were you. he had a great rookie season on a terrible team and put up almost 20 points. thats very good for a rookie d-man.

Basically you can't lose with any of those guys,but if I had to narrow it down to 3 they'd be Spezza,Zetterberg,Nash.