Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kind of card talk.....

Kind of card talk.....

So....I know most of you have scanners...but some of you take pictures of your cards with digital cameras. What kind of cameras do you use? I'm looking to buy a new camera and would like some advice. Thank you in advance!

Clarification: make and model would be helpful! :)

Oh...and looking for under $200. Not an SLR...just a point-n-shoot. Thanks again!
    Last edited by Supercarlover; 05-20-2009 at 09:24 AM. Reason: clarification

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks88 View Post
    Cannon
    Yup! And so is my scanner.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    Here is my Hidden Content For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager!
    Also Looking for Upper Deck CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

I used an epson scanner, it was great and rezied the images of the card exactly

Sony here. But I do a lot of video as well. Do you have a price limit?

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks88 View Post
    Cannon
    Model, please?

Quote Originally Posted by doniceage View Post
    Sony here. But I do a lot of video as well. Do you have a price limit?

Don
    Looking for under $200. Just a regular point-n-shoot. Not a fancy SLR. :)

When you look at today camera, unless you know how to use all the feature they have, most will do the job for you. They all have enough pixels and all offer the basic function and would fit most user that are not advance.

I like the canon for the grip it offer to my right hand since they make the right part wider and just offer a confortable grip other don't have. But they sell for more then other brand. Olympia worked well for me and is a lot less expensive then Canon.

Both model I have are not sold anymore su useless to tell you the model. Olympia was under 200$ but Canon was a bit over.

I would say at least hold it in your hand before you buy it since being comfortble to take image, do help.

These days, I don't use my camera anymore since I bought a sony HD video camera and does image with flash as well so I only use this now.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 05-20-2009 at 09:40 AM.
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    When you look at today camera, unless you know how to use all the feature they have, most will do the job for you. They all have enough pixels and all offer the basic function and would fit most user that are not advance.

I like the canon for the grip it offer to my right hand since they make the right part wider and just offer a confortable grip other don't have. But they sell for more then other brand. Olympia worked well for me and is a lot less expensive then Canon.

Both model I have are not sold anymore su useless to tell you the model. Olympia was under 200$ but Canon was a bit over.

I would say at least hold it in your hand before you buy it since being comfortble to take image, do help.

These days, I don't use my camera anymore since I bought a sony HD video camera and does image with flash as well so I only use this now.

Thanks for the wisdom!

I've been using an Olympus. Really liked it, but the flash quite working, and I have a tough time getting a good, focused shot when shooting close-up. I'm hoping I can get a camera that has a setting for close-up shots.

I use an Olympus...I can't remember the model off the top of my head, but it's a good camera. It's shock proof, water proof, freeze proof, sand proof...good stuff. It takes really nice pictures. For the cards I put it on macro mode and it makes it really easy to take close up pictures. Any camera should have macro so it shouldn't be too hard or a search. I recomend the Olympus though because it's shock proof. If you drop a Canon it will most likely break.

For a time I used my Kodak point & shoot (don't remember the exact model) but for the most part I just use my scanner. I did use the GF's new Canon Rebel XSi for the latest display case and Roy/Price HSHS shots though...amazing device.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast