Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why Sidney Crosby Makes NHL Games Unwatchable

BY: Karl Blankenship

The superstar that transcends a sport is rare.

Michael Jordan and Wayne Gretzky come to mind as players that seemed to almost define their sport for a moment in time.

Try as the NHL might though—and boy, do they ever—Sidney Crosby will never be that guy, and it's their own fault.

The NHL wants us to love Sidney Crosby, Versus wants us to love Sidney Crosby, and NBC really wants us to love Sidney Crosby. That is probably the biggest reason why, outside of Pittsburgh, not many people will ever truly appreciate Sidney Crosby.

How do you root for a guy that you're told to root for? Duke basketball comes to mind as a parallel.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...es-unwatchable
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Kronozio
    people dont root for him because he cries bout everything..

People don't root for Sidney Crosby simply because he is not on their team. That is all there is to it.

You can say he whines and he cries, but he is doing his job as a captain of a team. If you want to say he whines, go ahead, but a captains job is to find out why a ref called what he called, plain and simple. That is all Sidney Crosby is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by EricMateya View Post
    People don't root for Sidney Crosby simply because he is not on their team. That is all there is to it.

You can say he whines and he cries, but he is doing his job as a captain of a team. If you want to say he whines, go ahead, but a captains job is to find out why a ref called what he called, plain and simple. That is all Sidney Crosby is doing.
    Eric,

I doubt that as the first year he played he was Crying, Complaining, about every little thing. He did not get the respect of his teammates as all you have to do is ask some of the vets that were on the team.

He is a great player and no one can take that away but in the end I don't think people like having Crosby stuffed down their throats by Bettman. That why so many people like Ovy so much more than Crosby. Also, it runs the regional lines of the ole Canadian Russian debate.

p.s. A lot of times he not trying to find out what going on about others just trying to embellish his own cause.

So many of these kind of videos it not even funny.

DON
    Hidden Content
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

For me it's easy. I don't care if Crosby whines or not, but let's take that double hattrick game as an example. Crosby scores 3, Ovie scores 3. None of the goals were a classic to be remembered, but all 3 Ovie goals still were very enjoyable, and worth one or two re-views. All 3 Crosby goal were crap to look at. Ovie may be giving away too many pucks, but he sure as h*ll is a lot more enjoyable to watch! Plus, he is a team player no matter what the Crosby fans says. I choose Ovie any day. I can promise you, if Ovie had been Canadian, his Cup rc would be double the value of Crosby's.

Quote Originally Posted by razzamaztaz View Post
    I can promise you, if Ovie had been Canadian, his Cup rc would be double the value of Crosby's.

I bet your right on that.

Don
    Hidden Content

If you want to see how a captain should deal with questionable calls, look up Koivu, Saku. You don't do it with bleating and telling the other team to kiss off.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

I'm not debating Crosbys a good player. He is a phenom. This article hits the nail right on the head. WE are having him shoved down our throats! I too roll my eyes at the biased commentary when watching games. It is sad really that the broadcast focuses so much on him and does not tell the story of others!
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    My Maple Leaf Collection! (Work in Progress)
    Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders.

Hidden Content

Thats simply untrue. As a life long Rangers fan, I can count on one hand the number of current Rangers that Rangers fans don't hate, lol. We have Blair Betts, Colton Orr, Sean Avery, Ryan Callahan, and depending on the day Marc Staal and Brandon Dubinsky. Sometimes we dont hate Girardi. Oh almost forgot Lundqvist. Ok so a few more then one hand. If the Rangers ever signed Crosby im pretty sure the Garden would be burned to the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    If the Rangers ever signed Crosby im pretty sure the Garden would be burned to the ground.
    To make room for a Bigger, Better Gardens?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast