Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Country

Thanks for the Crosby bashing Don.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See TysonX504's Items on eBay

Thanks for the Crosby bashing Don.

Don just did what he always does, posted articles about hockey. And as you can see most of the people on the boards will and do agree with the article. No one here is saying Crosby isn't talented or anything like that but he needs to learn what to say and when to say it. And as long as the networks keep trying to feed Crosby down everyone's throat, alot of hockey fans just won't like him. It's that simple
    Last edited by TysonX504; 05-20-2009 at 01:34 PM.

Blog Entries
    Country
    See Memento_21's Items on eBay

In Hungary, on a Hungarian NHL forum, it's always a theme.

Cindy Crosby, he's crying, and always talking to the refs.

Yeah, last year. Watch now, he started to grow up. And why the **** he's wearing the "C"? Because he HAS TO talk to the refs. No matter.

Try to forget those things! The only problem, like with Avery. Everybody says he's a jerk idiot, aggressive, but if he's playing for the team you like, you just laughing. This is a very hard question.

I just hate the hypes like this. Ovechkin and Crosby, Crosby and Ovechkin. They're really good, and send to the writer, only that idiot media says they are the faces of the NHL, and the big rivals. Sid is a Center (Playmaker) Alex is a Winger (Scorer). Why not the fans compare Brodeur and for example Joe Thornton? Because they're playing different way.

Yes after the lockout they had to have some faces, Ovechkin and Crosby, but there are also a lot of great players.

Probably I will never see them playing in real life, only in TV, and I don't know what's happening in Pittsburgh or in America or Canada around two of them, but it's boring.

In Hungary I'm tired always hearng that Crosby always cries, and things like this. Yeah there are a lot of players, I cannot stand or like but it's easy. Don't watch them.

Hope I don'T hurt no one.

George

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

Yea I do not know if it is accurate to say he makes games uneatchable, but he is certainly no Malkin or Ovechkin. By far the most exciting guy in the league to watch is Ovechkin. Crosby is definitely as talented a player, just not as skilled when it comes to scoring, which takes away from his allure. Zach Parise is another Crosby type player. He had 45 goals this year, and nearly every one of them was from crashing the net, or working hard in the corners, etc. From time to time, you'll see a highlight reel goal, but the majority of them are simply the result of a great fundamental game, and an uncanny ability to know where the puck is going to be. Where as when comparing Ovechkin to Crosby, or Jeff Carter to Parise, Carter and Ovechkin score most of their goals in much more viewable ways with long range snipes or criss-cross one timers. The average fan sees an Ovechkin goal and thinks "What a nice goal", where as many of Crosby's goals can come of as lucky, or just being in the right place at the right time, as Razzmatazz stated earlier when comparing the game 2 hat tricks.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    (5) UCB
    Country

people dont root for him because he cries bout everything..

Gretzky was a huge whiner and people cheered for him everywhere crosby isn't as bad as gretzky was in my opinion but i still prefer ovechkin over crosby

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

yeah but Gretzky was exciting to watch

Country

I think anybody who had some ill thoughts of crosby and his playing ability that watched him in this years playoffs have no doubt changed their mind on what kind of player he is, he has gained so many new fans with his play this year, you can see it in his eyes, he's reached a new level of leadership. and the NHl will always try to sell thier white knight, Crosby is very humble in interviews and the way he conducts himself. hate to admit it but I like the way he's playing, he looks like a winner not a whinner

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

I love OV, I dont like Crosby at all, its just the nature of the game, you like some players, and you hate others

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See michiganice's Items on eBay

Some people were talking about how Avery is just a pest out there. I will say that Avery never acted the way he does now when he was on the Red Wings.

As for Cindy, it's disgusting how much the NHL advertises him and the Penguins. Crosby gets way more airtime than Malkin. I personally dont care to here about how great Cindy Crybaby is when he has never won anything. Its also my personal feeling that if Crosby, Malkin, and Ovechkin were in the West, there numbers would be much lower.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (5)
    Country
    See razzamaztaz's Items on eBay

Ehum. To be fair, Crosby is a bit young to be accused of "never have won anything". There are 40 year old veterans who has "never won anything", but still will be legends. It's a matter och luck on which team you play. And he has won the Hart etc. I'm not a Crosby basher by any mean, no doubt he's very talented, and I'm not into hating any player. It's just for me, as a Swede, I always will appreciate the pretty play, the fast skillful play, with beautiful goals and fast skating. The grinding play has never been my taste, which is why Russians most often play nicer. But, sometimes without effort or heart. In Ovie, we got both beauty and effort, humor, and charisma. Which is why so many loves him, as opposite to Pavel Bure and some other Russian skillful players who just came off too much like ego divas. hard to like their personalities.

Gretzky? Who cares if he whined? He was fantastic to watch! The day Crosby turns into fantastic to watch I forgive him anything. But the number of goals never matters if they're the grincing crash the net types. It's ugly. Plain ugly. It's not about winning at any cost, not to me.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast