Thread: Fun in Indy...with the family

Fun in Indy...with the family

Today Angie, Lauren, and me went to Indy today for a day of fun. We went to the Indy Zoo in the morning and the local Meijer store in Greenwood for the Andretti Green Racing team signing later that night...that's right, ALL FOUR MEMBERS OF AGR.

Now Angie was dreading the signing since we made plans for it...she has only went to one signing in her lifetime and she didn't have to wait ten minutes for the autograph. But not even I thought anything would happen like this...but that's for later.

the zoo trip was a great time. We took pictures, walked a good long time, had fun with Lauren. They even had a "Zoopolis 500" turtle race there. Even with the endless armies of schoolkids and the sun at full power today, we had a great time at the zoo. And I didn't find any fellow SCF's relatives there in captivity, so there are no pics of them. Sorry.

Now for the fun part...

After we left the zoo and got a late lunch, the three of us got in line at Meijer's around 3 PM for the signing. Here is a quick recap of what went down;

3:15: We met four guys in front of us. They were excited to be in line for Danica.

4:00: The usual CC application forms came around...I usually don't fill them out, but they were offering free food coupons for doing so. Angie said do them, and I said...OK. Angie takes the coupons and leaves me with Lauren.

4:25: the manager comes back in line with an associate to take my place in line. She takes me to the service center and hands me the phone for a query about my credit history. I answer every question right and get told that I have been approved. I can't believe that I get approved...again. I know that I get CC approvals like crazy, but geez...can't I just get the free food instead?

4:45: I get back in line to Angie telling what she got for free...roasted chicken, pizza, pie, donuts, and soda. I eat good for two nights. Good.

The get to talking the four guys again. Now they seem really excited to see Danica after repeated comings and goings.

5:00: The three of us get our wristbands for the signing. (I didn't say everything would be funny.)

5:10: Angie, after a soda run, shows off a new shirt she got for the racing sim game they had. I went to the sim and played the game as well. One problem...the biggest size they had was XL. OUCH. Oh well, it was fun.

5:30: Now the guys are REALLY, REALLY excited about Danica. One of them has a deep gash above his eye...must have been something in the Cokes...

5:50: Two of Greenfield's finest come to see the four guys. They take them away for questioning about their behavior. No one says anything, but the plain clothes cops working that day ask us if they were drinking. I find a old towel that I used for wiping up their spilled drink and they smelled it...that's all she wrote.

6:10: The AGR gang shows up. The auto session begins. I get told kindly that I can't take any posed photos or get more pics after we leave the line...jerks.

6:20: We get our autos, take our pics, pack up and leave. Angie tells me this was nothing like anything she thought. I tell her the same thing. Now she wants to go with me at any other signings i want to go to...YES!!!

We couldn't believe that we had that much fun today. We didn't get home until 9:30...13 hours on the road. Angie told everyone on her sites about the fun today, especially the auto session. I am so glad that she wants to go with me now. And the zoos...I'll go once, maybe twice a year to keep her happy.

10:30; Reheated the roasted chicken for dinner...mmm, good.

Alex

Hidden Content

Hidden Content still a work in progress

2. Check out the deals at Bear Ridge Collectibles eBay Store
    here are the pics...if they are too big, I apologize...

Marco Andretti hamming up for Angie...

Marco and Tony Kanaan...

Hedeki Mutoh...

and of course, Danica...still looking good.

and the goodies we got:

My hero cards...

the back of Angie's shirt signed by all four drivers. she alos got a hero card signed by Marco, Tony, and Hedeki...I can't believe she forgot Danica!!!

And last, for Lauren, hero cards personalized for her:

Thanks for looking, Alex
    Hidden Content

Hidden Content still a work in progress

Sounds like you had a great time!

Thanks for sharing!

Darin

Sounds like you have a great time Alex. Except the wait in line lol. Congrats on all the autos, and Thanks for sharin the pics and story with us!!

Tom