Campbell No Stranger to Playoff Flubs

BY: Kevin Schultz

A lot of the talk following last night's Game 2 in Detroit centered around Chicago's Brian Campbell and his turnover, which led to Mikael Samuelsson's game-winning goal, giving the Wings a 3-2 win in overtime and a 2-0 series lead. But it wasn't nearly the first time that Campbell has made a mistake that has cost his team a victory in a playoff overtime. This is actually the third time in this past three years that a misplay by Campbell has led to an overtime defeat for his team.

The first of Campbell's postseason miscues occurred during his time in Buffalo two years ago, and is probably the least egregious. In 2007, the Sabres faced the Ottawa Senators in the Eastern Conference Finals and would lose in five games. If you remember, the fifth game was the infamous "Preakness Game" in which NBC cut off coverage of the game before overtime in favor of pre-race Preakness coverage, forcing puckheads to scramble to find the game's conclusion on Versus.

http://nhl.fanhouse.com/2009/05/20/c...playoff-flubs/
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Wasn't he also the guy who got stuck in the opposing corner on a late game or OT breakout by the Canucks in the previous round? Led to a 2 on 1 goal against. I remember them showing a picture of Scotty Bowman, in the pressbox mouthing "What the **** is he doing in the corner?"

Not sure if the opponent is right, but do remember it being Campbell.

You are right bmoy, that clip was hilarious. I think he was the one who flipped the puck over the glass during the Carolina ECF game 7. *face palm*

Quote Originally Posted by bmoy88 View Post
    Wasn't he also the guy who got stuck in the opposing corner on a late game or OT breakout by the Canucks in the previous round? Led to a 2 on 1 goal against. I remember them showing a picture of Scotty Bowman, in the pressbox mouthing "What the **** is he doing in the corner?"

Not sure if the opponent is right, but do remember it being Campbell.
    Good memory.

Don
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!