Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Coolest...graded...card...ever!

...well at least for me! I am trying to pick up baseball cards of Chinese born players when I can for my adopted son (who is form China). I have been asked several times if I was interested in any Yao Ming cards. I am not really interested because my family is just not into basketball and, well we are just not into basketball. A friend said he had a Chinese Yao Ming card that had Chinese characters on it and wanted to know if I would be interested in that. I said sure because he needed to even up his end of a deal. I also thought, in a strange way, that the card being from China with Chinese writing on it would have more of a connection for my son when we bring him home. I thought it would be cooler than a 20XX UD Yao Ming base card. I was shocked when I opened my mail today:

1999 Omni Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) #32 Yao Ming RC #32 *CHINESE* Rookie card, graded Beckett 10

The card back has all of his stats, highlights and player information in Chinese! How cool is this card for my family! The fact that it is a graded gem mint Chinese RC card does not hurt either!

Tal
    Rickey Henderson stats. 2001/7340 = 27.26% 170 GU, 9 Auto
    Sean Casey stats. 1155/2666 = 43.32% 121 GU, 56 AutoHidden Content
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Awesome! I am glad to hear that you are trying to make your collection a family theme and hope your son enjoys it in the future.
    Hidden Content ~ best SCF feature ever!
    Go Mets, Colts, Reds and The Ohio State University
    Hidden Content

awesome card! he looks so different now haha
    SUPER BOWL XLV CHAMPIONS

Collecting: Packers Angels Lakers TTM Hidden Content

i have wang zhi zhi legacy rookies both grade 9. interested?

That is awesome. I have some baseball cards from the 2006 baseball classic and I think I have some from China. I will let you know if I can find them.

Quote Originally Posted by beex215 View Post
    i have wang zhi zhi legacy rookies both grade 9. interested?
    heh, I have never heard of him. Baseball? Basketball? WBC? If he is from the WBC Chinese Taipei, I am not interested. I really only want players form mainland China. Do you have scans? What are you looking for?

Quote Originally Posted by angel0430 View Post
    That is awesome. I have some baseball cards from the 2006 baseball classic and I think I have some from China. I will let you know if I can find them.
    Cool thanks! Again though I would not be interested in any Chinese Taipei players. I am looking for WBC cards that have the red China flag pictured on it.

Tal

basketball. im just looking for stuff in my want list

Thanks for posting but the only basketball card I have is the graded Ming I just got. Thanks anyway though!

Tal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast