More news Smash and grab (Hab's).

MONTREAL – Offseason talk in the NHL normally revolves around unrestricted free agents, but they aren’t the only players in the league’s store window this summer.

While the Canadiens have to yet to make such an aggressive move, recent offseasons have seen some teams ready to gamble on a Group II free agent. The upsides are clear: not losing a roster player to acquire an asset and the ages of these young studs make them at times impossible to resist.

In some cases like Thomas Vanek two summers ago, teams opt to match the exorbitant offers, like the Sabres did when the Oilers ponied up a $10 million per year deal for the high scoring winger in the summer of 2007. Other heists are more successful, like Edmonton’s nabbing of Dustin Penner from the Ducks that same summer.

Back in vogue as an NHL GM tactic only since the past few years, a couple of teams have historically tried to nevertheless pull the wool over the eyes of their rivals in moves that could’ve potentially shifted the league’s balance in a huge way.

http://canadiens.nhl.com/team/app/?s...ticleid=422110
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out the Auctions from Packrip.com
    There's a lot of interesting names in the RFA pool this year. I would be shocked if there weren't any offer sheets come July 1.
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content