Friday NHL playoffs update: Evgeni Malkin steals the show

Remember all the talk about Sidney Crosby carrying the Penguins and being the frontrunner for the Conn Smythe? Those days might be numbered. He's no longer the top scoring player in the playoffs this year. He's also not the top scorer on his team. For the past two games, it's been the Evgeni Malkin show, and Sidney Crosby has been reduced to the wise cracking sidekick.

I felt that if Carolina wanted to win game two, they needed Cam Ward to stand on his head. That didn't quite happen, to say the least. Which is to say, he let in six goals. Not that Marc-Andre Fleury was much better, as the final score was 7-4 in favor of Pittsburgh. However, to be fair to both goalies, I can't think of a single goal I would consider soft. The defense let down both goalies a few times, and Ward did make 35 saves. That's not standing on your head, however. You can't simply try to outscore the Pens in some sort of barnburning affair. They've got Crosby and Malkin... have they ever.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2503-NHL-E...teals-the-show
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    Question is did Cindy complain to the officials when the hats rained down after Malkins hat trick?

Quote Originally Posted by alpinemedic View Post
    Question is did Cindy complain to the officials when the hats rained down after Malkins hat trick?
    Who knows a question for a reporter to ask Crosby?

Don
    Hidden Content
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

i really don't understand why people on here esp Wings fans bash Crosby so much as i will agree that he has done some things to tarnish his name/reputation as i was at the game when he jumped a guy in the faceoff for that so called fight but maybe people should find out the story behind Sid wearing the hat that he does dealing with a little boy & Make A Wish.......But as a Penguin fan, i also remember what Marios NHL career started out like by not putting the jersey on & am happy to report that years latter, it has not made him any less of a respected & loved player......i have seen alot of maturity in Sids game so far in this playoff season so say what u want as i have frefrained form saying anything till now because people should remember why we do enjoy watching this great sport & i loved watching Ovy even though he leaves his feet alot & gets away with it....he is certainly one of the best players i have seen in years & plays with alot of energy & i am not really sure he wanted to hurt Gonchar but really still respect him for the player he is not disrespect him for one thing he might have tried to do!

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydad2 View Post
    i really don't understand why people on here esp Wings fans bash Crosby so much as i will agree that he has done some things to tarnish his name/reputation as i was at the game when he jumped a guy in the faceoff for that so called fight but maybe people should find out the story behind Sid wearing the hat that he does dealing with a little boy & Make A Wish.......But as a Penguin fan, i also remember what Marios NHL career started out like by not putting the jersey on & am happy to report that years latter, it has not made him any less of a respected & loved player......i have seen alot of maturity in Sids game so far in this playoff season so say what u want as i have frefrained form saying anything till now because people should remember why we do enjoy watching this great sport & i loved watching Ovy even though he leaves his feet alot & gets away with it....he is certainly one of the best players i have seen in years & plays with alot of energy & i am not really sure he wanted to hurt Gonchar but really still respect him for the player he is not disrespect him for one thing he might have tried to do!
    For some reason they just are not happy with the player they have.

Quote Originally Posted by hockeydad2 View Post
    I don't think it just wings fan. I think it goes also the Russian and Canadian line as well. As their cards are quite difference in front of rookie and why. Because most people collect are Canadian and support the home guy. That one thing and then you have who the NHL has constantly pushed as the Face of Hockey while there are many players deserving of this. Take these two things and some of the things he does people will always remember the bad things. The old saying says takes 10 good things to overcome one bad thing.

I think Crosby is one of the best players and been playing great but as all we can all have our own opinions. Got to go Hawks just scored a nice one by J.T..

Don
    Hidden Content