Why can't I collect a team in it's entirety?

What if I want to collect my favorite team? Impossible with Upper Deck, always the same players...

I would love to have a huge The Cup style (thickness of the cards) product with every single NHL player to wear a uniform that particular year... the product would come out in the summer so I could finally enjoy having each player on a hockey card who played that particular year and with the correct stats in the back of the card.

just my 2 cents

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Hard to do....I think a lot of people would be turned off by an expensive product where you have a GOOD chance at not getting ANY well known players. I think UD does a good job of this with OPC and BAP, they have a HUGE selection and at a cheaper price point you dont mind it that much. But I do feel you pain being a team collector myself!

I also thought about it but I have a solution for that also, sell the boxes by team and add old stars and what not... I do believe that there is a market for that. Look how well the canadiens centennial went.

I am curious, how do you collect your team? which team and how far back in years do you go?

cheers

I usually stay current from 05-06 on but am open to ANYTHING Wings. I actually have a great set up. A friend and I split boxes and I keep all the Wings he keeps all the Devils and then we usually sell the rest on Ebay and split the $. Then I buy Wings cards with the paypal $. I also try to focus on a Wings Rookie each year so I dont get too overwhemed with rookie stuff on years like 05 06 and this year with 4 or 5 different rookies! I also dont collect Wings once there traded such as Kyle Quincey or collect a players cards before they were on the Wings like Hossa! Look through the PC section of my photobucket and youll get a good feel for how I do it!

By the way welcome to the boards if you ever have any ?'s feel free ti PM me!

yeah only certain people will get cards. i think if you saw guys like denis gauthier or tom preissing in the cup no one would buy it.

Word has it eventually ITG will do a Superlative Franchises or all the original 6 teams so you may get a crack at an all-Wings product eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
    Word has it eventually ITG will do a Superlative Franchises or all the original 6 teams so you may get a crack at an all-Wings product eventually.
    Was hoping they did a box similar to MON CentennialWe'll see..LOL

Quote Originally Posted by teamsetguy View Post
    I also thought about it but I have a solution for that also, sell the boxes by team and add old stars and what not... I do believe that there is a market for that. Look how well the canadiens centennial went.

I am curious, how do you collect your team? which team and how far back in years do you go?

cheers
    The reason that the Canadiens Centennial set worked so well is because the Habs have the largest fanbase in all of hockey, as well as innumerable folks in the hobby that collect anything and everything Canadiens they can get their hands on. Even people who aren't Habs fans collect that set. Heck, people who don't collect hockey cards collect that set. You may be able to do that with 4-5 other teams in the entire NHL and have it be a success. It would simply not be feasible for UD to put together a Phoenix Coyotes team set at anything near the price point of The Cup--if they only get 150 people showing up at a rally to save the team, how many are going to drop x number of dollars for a set of cards?
    There are a small handful of card sets that do deliver a large number of cards per team--OPC, MVP, PowerPlay, etc. My shop owner broke open a couple boxes and sorted them all into team sets, and months later, even at only 3-4 bucks, pretty much every non-Canadian team is still sitting in that box display. If people won't drop 3 bucks to get a Dallas Stars low-end set, how on Earth would you be able to talk them into dropping big dollars on a high-end set?
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content