Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The positive effects of the NHL lockout season

BY: Mark Marino

After the 2004-05 lockout season, the NHL implemented numerous rule changes, and altered the dimensions of the rink. Four years later under the "new rules", the regular season has ended about six-weeks ago. ." While—in my opinion—the majority of the changes have been pretty bad, I'd like to point out a few exceptional alterations.

"Two-Line Pass"

Let's cut to the chase, this is hands-down my favorite "new" rule. No more two-line offsides. This rule gives players the opportunity to make plays, by getting ahead of the play and behind the defencemen. Also, players coming off the bench—and out of the penalty box—can "hang" beyond the red-line.

http://www.examiner.com/x-2711-Bosto...lockout-season

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

Since those "Big rule changes" to open up the game, like being stricter on penalty calls, getting the game to be faster and more open, it seems the NHL has leaned back into its old self a little more

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

how about some of the bad effects, like having to watch games on Versus and letting companies monopolize local broadcasts. For example most people in the Philadelphia region can't get Flyers games because only one company has permission to broadcast. I hate the Flyers, but I mean come on, I get the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders, live 5 minutes outside of Philadelphia and can't get a Flyers game. Ever on VS they are blacked out. Not to mention the local news rarely has them on even in the playoffs. Hockey sunk into obscurity in most parts of the US after the lockout.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

how about some of the bad effects, like having to watch games on Versus and letting companies monopolize local broadcasts. For example most people in the Philadelphia region can't get Flyers games because only one company has permission to broadcast. I hate the Flyers, but I mean come on, I get the Rangers, Devils, and Islanders, live 5 minutes outside of Philadelphia and can't get a Flyers game. Ever on VS they are blacked out. Not to mention the local news rarely has them on even in the playoffs. Hockey sunk into obscurity in most parts of the US after the lockout.

I just go to the net and watch the game as you can forgo the NBC, Verus, or whoever is broadcasting it and watch it from HNIC. I suggest doing that as I do it all the time.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just go to the net and watch the game as you can forgo the NBC, Verus, or whoever is broadcasting it and watch it from HNIC. I suggest doing that as I do it all the time.

DON

well yeah but I dont have a big screen tv and surround sound on my pc..

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gregmal05's Items on eBay

They actually have conversion cords that you can get fairly cheap at Best Buy that allows you to hook your computer up to the TV.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Chicago Blackhawks

You should have tried living in Chicago the last 30 years as a Blackhawks fan.
    1) Bill Wirtz as Owner
    2) No home games on TV
    3) owenship running out the best players on the team year after year.
    4) Bears,Bulls,Cubs,White Suxs always get more media coverage than
    Hawks.
    5) Games that are on TV only on cable.
    6) no other NHL games on TV unless you had ESPN,VS, or Center Ice. only games you could watch on regular TV was either Fox or NBC.

Lucky all that has changed, except for the NHL games, the last year and a half. They even showed some Hawks games on free WGN here in Chicago.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

They actually have conversion cords that you can get fairly cheap at Best Buy that allows you to hook your computer up to the TV.

yeah but you cant get them in 300ft lengths, lol.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Well try the solution below. I only have a 17 inch flat screen but it big enough for me. As none of my local friends like to watch hockey I just turn it on and watch it while sorting cards or spending time in the card room.

Thanks that might help if he wants to truly not watch Versus.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

****, if Sabres werent on TV locally i think people would go nuts

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast