Movie, hockey fans travel far to act as extras in Don Cherry biopic

Steve Lambert, THE CANADIAN PRESS

SELKIRK, Man. - Hundreds of people converged at the hockey arena in this small city north of Winnipeg Sunday to act as extras in a film about hockey commentator Don Cherry.

Dressed up in old fur coats and fancy hats, to simulate a hockey crowd in the 1950's, some travelled hours for the far-from-guaranteed chance to appear on screen.

"I want to work in the film industry and I thought being an extra would be an easy thing to start with," said Zachary Cordell, 26, who travelled nine hours by bus from Thompson, Man., and showed up in a bowler hat and charcoal vest.

"I got a notice ... on Thursday and I threw everything together to come down here."

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/bre...ry-biopic.html

I think I seen one person mention they were in this. Anyone?

DON
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by zigzagwhites View Post
    Ya man it was awesome
    Care to tell us more about it from a perspective of being a extra LOL.

DOn
    Hidden Content
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Quote Originally Posted by dal_johnson View Post
    I wish I could would be awesome
    One of those quotes that if you tell us you have to KILL US!! lol Well I love the pictures in the other thread.

DOn
    Hidden Content

TY Im going to get Jared Keeso to autograph a Replica Don Cherry Parkie card That I kinda bent while filming I was holding up the card at the players for a few shots while grabbing on to the fence (glass)

Don Cherry is supposed to show up after the season is over, his son Tim was there