Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

NHL's wacky Cup final schedule hurts the hurting Red Wings

BY: Michael Farber

A stroll down memory lane . . .

The year is 1955. Canadiens fans riot outside the Forum when NHL President Clarence Campbell suspends Maurice Richard. Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white person. The Mickey Mouse Club premiers on ABC-TV. The NHL holds back-to-back games during the Detroit-Montreal Stanley Cup Final.

Now further to the subject of Mickey Mouse . . .

After a 54-year hiatus -- a five-plus-decade interregnum in which the NHL presumably thought that playing on consecutive days in the Stanley Cup Final was a crummy idea -- back-to-back games are, well, back. The defending champion Red Wings and the perhaps impending champion Penguins play Game 1 on Saturday and -- pause for air -- Game 2 on Sunday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...e/?eref=sircrc

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hope it hurts both teams, too bad one of them has to win....this sucks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See BruHawk's Items on eBay

I really don't have a problem with them playing back to back games or even 3 games in 4 nights. I do have a problem with the NHL bending over backwards to grant NBC's wishes.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

I have a problem with the 8 PM start time...that's 1.00 AM here...what's wrong with 7 PM lol

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I just know there will be some Red Wing conspiracy theories thrown out there. As I seen posts before that mentioned that Bettman wants the Cup in Crosby hands. In the end the best team will make adjustments to do what in order to win.

D
    o
    n

Country

I hope it hurts both teams, too bad one of them has to win....this sucks.

ah that explains all your hater posts, i'd be hating too if i had to dress like a minute maid orange to show support for my team.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (27)
    Country
    See Goalysgirl's Items on eBay

ah that explains all your hater posts, i'd be hating too if i had to dress like a minute maid orange to show support for my team.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

BY: Michael Farber

A stroll down memory lane . . .

The year is 1955. Canadiens fans riot outside the Forum when NHL President Clarence Campbell suspends Maurice Richard. Rosa Parks is arrested for refusing to give up her seat on a bus to a white person. The Mickey Mouse Club premiers on ABC-TV. The NHL holds back-to-back games during the Detroit-Montreal Stanley Cup Final.

Now further to the subject of Mickey Mouse . . .

After a 54-year hiatus -- a five-plus-decade interregnum in which the NHL presumably thought that playing on consecutive days in the Stanley Cup Final was a crummy idea -- back-to-back games are, well, back. The defending champion Red Wings and the perhaps impending champion Penguins play Game 1 on Saturday and -- pause for air -- Game 2 on Sunday.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...e/?eref=sircrc

Bettman must have monkey's working for him. Just a retarded schedule, and all to please NBC.

Canada gets the Saturday night game, so not all bad. Pens in 4!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

I dont see how this benefits any team - They both play the same amount of time...
    Yes- NBC probably dictated when the games are played but I can only see it as a benefit to the NHL - Play Sat and Sun - you get the most exposure - Play Monday night and you do not get the Western 1/2 of North America audience as most work until 5 or 6 (local time) and missed part of most of the game....LESS AUDIENCE - and the NHL needs EVERY POSSIBLE PERSON to watch the finals....Hockey may be #1 in Canada but it is slipping to #5/#6 in the US....Sad but true....

They are on even playing fields....JUST PLAY

And lastly - I dont want to see on TV this weekend a bunch of Million dollar babies whinning about "the Schedule" - its not like they havent played back-to-back games before....Just deal with it and play....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See korpkaos's Items on eBay

I dont see how this benefits any team - They both play the same amount of time...
    Yes- NBC probably dictated when the games are played but I can only see it as a benefit to the NHL - Play Sat and Sun - you get the most exposure - Play Monday night and you do not get the Western 1/2 of North America audience as most work until 5 or 6 (local time) and missed part of most of the game....LESS AUDIENCE - and the NHL needs EVERY POSSIBLE PERSON to watch the finals....Hockey may be #1 in Canada but it is slipping to #5/#6 in the US....Sad but true....

They are on even playing fields....JUST PLAY

And lastly - I dont want to see on TV this weekend a bunch of Million dollar babies whinning about "the Schedule" - its not like they havent played back-to-back games before....Just deal with it and play....

I agree with this 100%. I had more of a problem with the 2 days off between game 1 and 2 of the Carolina/Pittsburgh as it gave Carolina that extra day of rest for thier 2 injured players from game 1. With back to back games niether team has an advantage IMO.
    Looking mainly for Nicklas Backstrom(Was) RC and Autos.
    Pride of a Nation Set #/25
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast