Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

UFC 2009 Undisputed. Anyone playing?

Surprised I haven't seen any threads about this here. I picked up the game on Friday night and honestly haven't put it down since.

I'll give my little review:

Overall - a generous 8/10 (should be 7-7.5)

The reason I gave the game an 8 is because it's the first game for the huge sport on a next gen system and just because of the popularity of the sport I'll give it that extra 1/2 point.

Graphics - eh .. not all that great for a next gen. game really but not as bad as they could have been. Damage shows when your gettin whooped and the blood spray on the mat is a nice touch but overall the graphics could have been done much better. The fighters do look like the fighters though so that is a plus. Where the graphics lack is when contact is made, sometimes you'll throw a nice overhand right punch and get the flash knockout, but when you see the replay it clearly shows a punch to the shoulder?!?!?!?! LOL, just little details like that is what drops the ball for me.

Sound - overall not bad, no big entrance scenes so there is not a whole lot of music, other than what plays in the background on the title screens. Bruce Buffer sounds like Bruce and Rogan and the other kat sound exactly like themselves. Sound has never been a big deal for me on most games because I usually turn on my own music while playing.

Controls - This is the hard part, the controls for this game are out of the world and will take a long while for some to get used to, there is not a button on the controller that doesn't get used in a fight. The combo's are crazy difficult and once you take the fight to the ground it get's even more difficult.

Online - Sorry I can't give you much here because I have yet to play online with my fighter. Once I do I'll definitely update you.

Overall I think it's a decent game and should satisfy the fans of the sport for a while, hopefully THQ will start working on another and put a little more effort into the details of the game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

i will be getting it as soon as i have a chance. the controls really aren't that hard. it took me maybe one time fully going through the demo to be able to do everything.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bcus28's Items on eBay

Tried the demo a few times, but I gave up because like you said there are so many things to learn, so I won't be getting this game.

The flash knockout thingy is cool as heck though, you get to run over to the lifeless body and start whaling away which is cool.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    NUTS (17)
    Country

have it and beat it, this is one of the best games i've played in a long time.

Blog Entries
    Country

sounds like a sick game, def. have to go check it out at Best Buy later on

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

loved the demo and I was loving the game till I got the red rings. trying to decide whether to pay microsoft $99 or get a new arcade version for $179

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

I was going to buy the game, but i'll just wait til it's on sale in a couple of weeks.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See apfreek's Items on eBay

just won the light heavy belt ko'd r evans, still cant submit worth a crap!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

oh man i'm TERRIBLE at submissions but i'm AWESOME at KOing people

SCF Rewards
    Country

yeah submission are really hard to pull off, I haven't got one yet with my fighter in career mode but I've submitted a few fighters using BJ Penn in exhibition matches. The trick is your oponent has to have a vey low stamina bar before you even try.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast