Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Isles should explore trading Tavares

Rory Boylen

Exactly one month from now the hockey world will head back to Montreal for the pomp and circumstance that trumpets in prospects to the NHL ranks.

Exactly one month from now John Tavares will be taken No. 1 overall; to expect anything else would be a stretch.

But who will actually take the London Knights sniper with that pick is still up for debate. Currently, the selection belongs to the moribund New York Islanders and while many are expecting the Isles to hang onto such a prospect for dear life, don’t be surprised – or disappointed – if they decide to peddle the pick for a wider array of bodies and potential to design a franchise rebound.

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/26...g-Tavares.html

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Interesting article with some good points. IMO, I would keep Tavares. No real reason why other then if that were my team, I would want John to play for them.

BANNED

Country

What happens if Tavares says the same think Jack Johnson did after being drafted by the Canes ??? ( He told them : I don't wanna play here and they traded it to LA for Gleason and Belanger if my memory's right.)

Can you imagine if Tavares says : « Look , i don't wanna be an Islander , trade me».

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I do not think a trade will happen as throw out a scenario of a team that has the assets to land him. We are not talking a Gleason and Belanger as you would have to be willing to give up some true talent on the hockey plus some draft picks if only one person in return.

Most teams that have the talent won't want to do the trade due to the cost and how much would it help them out. I mean why would the Hawks, Wings, Pitt, or other top team trade for him to lose a few key cogs? Now a team like Toronto, Yotes, or other team at the botton now would love to have them. Some have no talent to truly trade without wiping off their roster or trouble in other places.

The islanders have always shown they love to trade as they traded down multiple times in the last draft. Taking their first draft pick trading down. Then they traded it down again with the pick acquired in the trade yet later again. So they do like to do that but you have to have a BUYER. I just don't see it happening but alas it could very well might.

The best scenario would be a team wanting John and having the 2nd or 3rd pick. They could trade their pick plus a player (two) or possibly a some future draft picks without mortgaging the farm.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

Isles need fans. With Tavares and the rest of the youngins they'll pack the place......in four or five years (BlackHawks copy).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See goalieboy3124's Items on eBay

What happens if Tavares says the same think Jack Johnson did after being drafted by the Canes ??? ( He told them : I don't wanna play here and they traded it to LA for Gleason and Belanger if my memory's right.)

Can you imagine if Tavares says : « Look , i don't wanna be an Islander , trade me».

look at the part in bold. JMFJ is not an IT. he is a god. now that we have that straightened out.

the smart pick is in duchene. trade down a few spots, get a few more picks maybe a 2nd rounder or another 1st even next year and take duchene. IMO tavares is overrated. Taylor hall is where its at for the '10 draft and duchene is the smart pick in this years

SCF Rewards
    Country

No way are they not taking Tavares. They need a cornerstone for their franchise, and if he pans out and the fans come back they will be able to get a new arena.