Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Did AT&T sway 'Idol' vote to Allen?

Not that I care, but some of you might:

Did AT&T sway 'Idol' vote to Allen?

AT&T, one of the biggest corporate sponsors of “American Idol,” might have influenced the outcome of this year’s competition by providing phones for free text-messaging services and lessons in casting blocks of votes at parties organized by fans of Kris Allen, the Arkansas singer who was the winner of the show last week.

Representatives of AT&T, whose mobile phone network is the only one that can be used to cast “American Idol” votes via text message, provided the free text-messaging services at two parties in Arkansas after the final performance episode of “American Idol” last week, according to the company and people at the events.

There appear to have been no similar efforts to provide free texting services to supporters of Adam Lambert, who finished as the runner-up to Mr. Allen.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is this even legal? How can you say that to everyone?

Blog Entries
    Country

lol this show is such a fluke.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I don't watch except for the auditions for the same reason as everyone else. I saw a Lambert performance once cause Kornhiser wouldn't shut up about him, I wasn't particularly impressed.

Lambert should be happy though. Instead of having to do the normal AI crap, he gets the national exposure and the creative freedom to go off and do whatever he wants. Allen who sounds less talented gets the record contract and the AI champion name behind him. Sounds like a win/win for both parties. Winning AI though isn't a formula for success. I can only think of two past champions who I would say have had real strong careers.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kylefanbsb1963's Items on eBay

Lambert should be happy though. Instead of having to do the normal AI crap, he gets the national exposure and the creative freedom to go off and do whatever he wants.

Not True!

It's announced every year that ALL contestants that become finalist sign a contract with his majesty Simon. One way or another he has control of the stars.

So...AT&T stacked the deck....so who really has the largest 3G network?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not True!

It's announced every year that ALL contestants that become finalist sign a contract with his majesty Simon. One way or another he has control of the stars.

So...AT&T stacked the deck....so who really has the largest 3G network?

That may be the case, but he still doesn't have to put out the garbage single AI choses the winner to release. Whatever the situation is he will have more freedom than the winner.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

How can any vote have integrity when people can vote as many times as they have time for?

SCF Rewards
    Country

especially when they show u how to send mass messages

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Not True!

exactly, all of the top 10 (or however many finalists) are under contract with AI for at least their 1st record deal

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Los Angeles Lakers Atlanta Falcons
    Twitter: @JesRey7 See jesrey7's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale

i heard Adam Lambert might become the new lead singer of Queens

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast