Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Sharon Stone: Political Activist at work!

I just thought this was hilarious.

Sharon Stone Doesn't Know What Azerbaijan Is

Sharon Stone flapped her way through a speech at the recent opening of a luxurious resort in Turkey - stunning the crowd with her admission she had never heard of the country's fierce ally Azerbaijan.

But despite the hefty pay check, Stone failed to impress her Turkish hosts by mis-pronouncing neighboring country Azerbaijan - and she left them baffled by shouting out the name of soul diva Chaka Khan instead.

She shouted out to the crowd while tying to read from an autocue, "Azerbaijan? What is that? I can't pronounce this! Chaka Khan! Chaka Khan!"

I know, this wasn't related to any political or activist activity and I'm not claiming it was. I just think it's funny that people actually pay any attention to what celebrities like this think in political and foreign affairs. Obviously she's very well educated!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

BOy they really went out of their way to get a relevant actress for their opening. lol

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

She may be the #1 girl in Turkey right now...a lot of times different countries have different favorites or get them later than America. Case in point: David Hasselhoff is a megastar in Germany!

Country

you mean Hasselhoff isn't a megastar in America? Should I take my poster down?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've been wondering this for awhile. Why do people listen to celebrities? All they do is make fools of themselves, get "caught" in sex tapes, and star in the tabloids. 90% anyway.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I've been wondering this for awhile. Why do people listen to celebrities? All they do is make fools of themselves, get "caught" in sex tapes, and star in the tabloids. 90% anyway.

Even with that foolish behavior aside, what makes them qualified in the area. Did they major in political science or economics or anything like that? Most, if they went to and/or finished college, were in things like drama, performance art, etc. Do you go to a doctor that majored in English? Or get your investing advice from someone who dropped out of high school?

There was a mass email going around back in 2002 or somewhere around there that compared backgrounds of the celebrity activists that were speaking out against the Bush admin and the members of the Bush admin....it was almost laughable. The celebrity side was like "drama degree...dropped out of college...dropped out of high school...high school diploma, etc" and the Bush admin side was like "masters in political science from Harvard...doctorate in economics from Columbia...masters in economics from MIT, etc."

And someone will invariably say something along the lines of "You're not any more qualified than they are, why should anyone listen to you?"...they always do. And the answer is, I don't go on national television/radio/internet/newspapers/magazines/etc and give my opinions to millions of people....I just whine and complain to my friends, family, and you poor saps that join me on here.

Country

Obama & Bush are celebrities...why don't we just stop listening to them? Anybody with a recognizable name is a celebrity...if they put Joe Schmo out there, who's going to listen then?

Lots of people make sex tapes, it's not just celebrities. But if my sex tape gets "leaked", who's really going to care?

star in the tabloids? I'm pretty sure if a bunch of people followed you around with cameras for a couple of weeks, you'd be starring in the tabloids too.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well, what makes them qualified is that they are on TV and are great actors. They are musical geniuses and go to the highest class parties. They mingle with the A-list. Thats what makes them smarter than us ;)

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama & Bush are celebrities...why don't we just stop listening to them? Anybody with a recognizable name is a celebrity...if they put Joe Schmo out there, who's going to listen then?

Lots of people make sex tapes, it's not just celebrities. But if my sex tape gets "leaked", who's really going to care?

star in the tabloids? I'm pretty sure if a bunch of people followed you around with cameras for a couple of weeks, you'd be starring in the tabloids too.

I'm pretty sure your know what I meant.

And actually, I really would consider Obama the type of "celebrity" I was talking about.

Country

I'm pretty sure your know what I meant.

And actually, I really would consider Obama the type of "celebrity" I was talking about.

Is that the type that embarass themself and nobody should listen to?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast