Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Ely836's Items on eBay

I'm back and ready to start showing off my Crawfords again!

Hello everyone. After a very long hiatus from collecting itself (I've been around in the past few months trying to sell off some of my football) I think I'm ready to start getting into the swing of things.

For those of you who don't know me, since I see this site has grown tremendously since I've been an active member, I'm a die-hard Rays fan. A real Rays fan... I was a fan since 2003 when I decided to start getting back into baseball, I looked at a list of players and wanted to find a young, yet established, player to follow in baseball. I chose Carl Crawford, and have been in love with the sport and team since.

In about 2005 I started an idea to make a collection, I always wanted something fun to collect, but after making a few purchases it would get boring. The first Crawford I bought was an 05 Diamond Kings dual jersey #ed /25, and I was hooked. Over the past 4 years, I've probably spent about 40% of that time on random hiatus' because I get sick of the money involved, and it just gets boring sometimes.

I hope to be making a few purchases here in the next week or so. I'll post every ebay win I get like the good ole days.

Before I get PM spammed, my want list is very small. I don't want any Crawford, I only want paralells #ed /25 or less, autos/patches #ed /39 or less, and regular GU #ed /35 or less. I know it's weird, but its what I do, I don't find enjoyment in getting cards thousands of others own.

VIEW MY COLLECTION HERE:
    www.freewebs.com/carlcrawford

Current Carl Crawford Collection Stats:
    11- Autographs with a piece of some GU #ed to 30 or less.
    1- Other Autograph with a piece of GU and another player #ed /10.
    3- Triple Autographs #ed /20.
    18- Autographs including 2 1/1's the other 13 are #ed to 30 or less + a 1999 Topps Traded RC.
    3- Dual GU patch with another player, #ed /35 or less.
    1- Dual Patch #ed /35.
    11- Other GU Patches #ed /30 or less.
    7- Dual GU piece (non patch) #ed to 25 & 30.
    11- GU pieces (non patch) #ed /25 or less, including a 1/1.
    3- Printing Plates (1/1).
    14- Inserts/Parallels #ed /25 or less, including 4 1/1's + a Fleer Authentix set.
    Other: 1999 Topps Traded Autograph ::Being Graded:: 1999 Bowman Chrome Rookie PSA 10 2007 Bowman Error Card

SCF Rewards
    Country

So my return hasn't been as spectacular as anticipated. I've gone 1/3 on winning auctions. Here's the lone win:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=280349909296

1/1 #18. I want to redo my freewebs page, my biggest card of my collection isn't even on it. But I need to get unlazy and get my digital camera out to take all new pics.

Please comment on my newest addition,
    Jimmy

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See foxiebrown's Items on eBay

I can't wait to see more of your collection - it is incredible. Have you added much new stuff during your hiatus?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nah I really haven't added much at all. But a large majority of my scans are crappy, and I really need to get better ones up. I have a Crawford "R" from Triple Threads (/w 2 patches) #ed /3 that I haven't put. I may have 2-3 others to put up, but nothing too special. I'll try my best to get everything up.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice stuff Crawford is a heck of a good all around player when healthy. I have to say though could he put just a little effort into his signature that is horrible.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks :). I agree, Crawford's signature is pretty bad, but I still like it. I'm used to it now, so when I get one of the ugly looking autographs it doesn't upset me anymore. But when you get a nice one like my Donruss World Series #ed /25, it makes it a little more desireable. My favorite signature I have by him is definietly my 1999 Topps Traded RC, I spent 3 years looking for the perfect one, and that was it. Still have yet to see a better looking one.

Jimmy

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear ya on looking for the nicest auto and if i liked a certain player i wouldnt care how he signed either i would still collect hard like yourself. I have been semi fortunate as far as the players i collect having descent signatures with Santana,Bagwell,Lo Duca and Piazza. Though Piazza's is a bit odd. Good luck and i hope to see you in the player Hall Of Fame on here. Dave

SCF Rewards
    Country

Got outbid on an auto #ed /25 earlier tonight, it was no biggy though, I didn't go hard at all. Sunday should be a big day, so I was saving some money.

I did manage to snag this though:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...torefresh=true

Awful patch, but it's 2004, and #ed /10, I doubt there will be more for sale any time soon. And the price is pretty nice. Comments welcome.

P.S.- Lo Duca Fan: I doubt I'll ever be in the player hall of fame since I don't collect base/inserts/high #ed cards. You need at least 15% of the players cards, and I doubt I have even 3% of Crawford. I just got some nicer ones.

Jimmy

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Nice Pickup Jimmy! Also, welcome back!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rpbluesman's Items on eBay

Nice pickup and nice to see you back on here. Remember to show off any of your patches int he patch showoff thread that you ahven't already put there.