Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Help with a decision

Country

Help with a decision

I thought I would pose this to the forum to see what you all think. I just bought a new house and newly married and starting up a new business so extra money is a premium for us right now.

I'm going to be selling some of my collection on the bay but I'm having a hard time coming to a conclusion about one card in particular.

This is my Ryan Zimmerman 2005 Bowman Sterling Black Refractor numbered to his jersey number 11/25.

This is easily my favorite card in my collection but also the one that I can get the most cash for right now in light of the season he is having.

Question to you all is first should I sell it ever?
    Second question is if I should sell it now or wait to see if he's in the running for MVP, etc at the end of the year. Or will Pujols run away with it anyways?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See heclo's Items on eBay

i would hold onto the zimmerman,

sell some of your other cards first,

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I dont see why you would sell it... honestly in the big picture the money this card gets you will make you happy in the VERY VERY short term... If you like the card at all i would keep it and find another way to pay the bills

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unless you have sold cards on ebay before, I would sell some other cards and build your selling reputation. The auctions I have seen from first time sellers on ebay generally go for less than the same item sold by an established, well-respected seller. Build your selling credibility first so you can maximize your money.

Other than that, I have no opinion on whether you should sell the Zimmerman card--I will defer to the people on here more experienced than me in dealing with newer issues.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I would sell it.

House, marriage, business > cards

Selling the cards would probably make the first three things easier to deal with, then do it.

You can always get other cards later on, when you are successful in business and all.

Blog Entries
    Country

Keep the card. Sell some other cards for the same amount instead.

Country

thanks for all the feedback, I will continue to keep my price tag of $1000 on it which means it has almost no chance of selling. I guess I wanted some reassurance that it was a good idea to continue holding onto the card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Atlanta Braves Atlanta Falcons Indianapolis Colts
    See Jeremy12familyguy's Items on eBay

I'd keep it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You should sell the card as a last resort for money. Definitely sell your other stuff to increase your feedback.

Family comes first, house comes second everything else is last