Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obama's night out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Obama's night out.

Not critizing just wondering if this is a normal. I think this is the first time I have heard about this sort of thing. Has anybody heard of this kind of thing in the past.
    It's kind of funny that they shut down city blocks just so they could go see a show.
    Mr and Mrs. Obama Headed to New York city to catch dinner and a show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/nyregion/31obama.html

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

why are you making a big deal man, cant they go out on a date and enjoy there time together like every other American couple?

SCF Rewards
    Country

every other couple dont get to fly around on tax payer dollars t ogo on dates

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See g1ebe's Items on eBay

who said they are using tax dollars ?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

Not critizing just wondering if this is a normal. I think this is the first time I have heard about this sort of thing. Has anybody heard of this kind of thing in the past.
    It's kind of funny that they shut down city blocks just so they could go see a show.
    Mr and Mrs. Obama Headed to New York city to catch dinner and a show.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/05/31/nyregion/31obama.html

its absolutely normal, with every President and more examples with lesser ranked. Its a security issue and strategy

SCF Rewards
    Country

why are you making a big deal man, cant they go out on a date and enjoy there time together like every other American couple?

hey there genius, I'm not making a big deal about it as I said I'm not critizing. This is just honestly the first time I have heard of a president doing something like this on a date. And was wondering if it is a normal thing.

SCF Rewards
    Country

who said they are using tax dollars ?

Lets get real, do you think that there were no tax dollars spent. Leaving from Andrews air force base, helicopter in new york. Secret service and transportation in New York city shutting down city blocks. And they used no tax money

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

Yeah, I wouldn't say this is out of the ordinary...all Presidents have gone out for private reasons and I would be most get this kind of treatment.

What kills me is the quotes from people who were there:

“I thought I was dreaming”
    “There are no words for it”
    "Ah The Chosen One has graced us with his presence...do not dare gaze directly upon his face!"

Ok, maybe I made that last one up...but it would have fit perfectly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

I'd say the same thing, I know I've never met someone with that much power face to face. The closest I've come is George Carlin :)

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'd say the same thing, I know I've never met someone with that much power face to face. The closest I've come is George Carlin :)

I would ratrher have met Carlin, over any politician. I know that much

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast