Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Full '66 NHL Card collection

Full '66 NHL Card collection

Hey,

My dad passed 120 days ago, and we got his locker contents in the past week. Going through it, we found a NHL card booklet.

It's '66 NHL Card collection, and is nearly complete, missing only one card.

The set is missing the Allistar Macneil card, and only that card.

How much would the set be valued for? The cards are in excellent condition.

How much would it cost to get the last card?

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Sorry to hear about your loss. Can you provide anymore information on these cards such as
    Manufacturer, is it 1965-66 or 1966-67 (basically, what does the front of the card generally look like).

From an initial look, you might have something decent.
    If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    ---
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    ---
    Contact me for any site related issues
    =====
    Support SCF Sponsors

The cards are black and white, with a picture of the player taking up most of the front, with the name at the bottom. The back has birth places, NHL scores, etc. The basics.

I couldn't find the manufacturer information.

They are in a paper booklet, with illustrated pictures on the front, with the side saying "NHL Players album 1966"

EDIT:
    Upon further looking, the back corner of the booklet says "From your bottler of Coca-Cola." I'm not sure what that does to the value.

Inside the front cover is a chronological history of the NHL, with the final date being 1961.

At the top is this piece of text, leading me to believe that it is,, in fact, a 1965-66 set.
    "The 1965-66 season is the 49th in the history of the National Hockey League."
    Last edited by jgrant; 05-31-2009 at 10:12 PM.

i looked a little on beckett and found a set that is 65-66 Coca-Cola hockey, but it does not feature that player in it according to the site. It lists 108 cards, with the first being Gerry Cheevers and the last being Terry Sawchuk. They are also black and white cards with just a name on the bottom. Does this match what you have?

Yes, it does, except the second fold-out of cards has MacNEIL, ALLISTER WENCES (Copied out as it's written.)

oh ok i found him lists him on the site as Al instead of Allister. It says he is card #33. So what you have is 65-66 Coca Cola Hockey set.

Alright. Thanks for the help. :)

Any clues as to it's values?

Thanks

That's less than I thought, but at least I got my dads baseball card collection.

There is another set of about 600-1000 Hockey cards that aren't organized. We're going to catalogue them and take them for professional appraisal.

Anybody know where we can buy the missing card.

i would just check ebay regularly and ask around in the buy/sell section of the site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast