Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Detroit Shock in Traverse City (Bill Laimbeer!!!) 5/30/09

Found out about this event in an awkward way last Memorial Day Weekend. While I was on a lunch break at work one day last weekend, I looked at the local newspaper that they usually leave in the break room for the employees to read. I stumbled upon an article in a weekly column they release once a week which focuses on events in the community. I came across the title which involved the Detroit Shock and a visit to Traverse City for a WNBA preseason game at a local high school. This article mentioned the Olympic Break when they came up to host a camp last summer and how much this whole team really wanted to come back up here.

Well they did come back this year and I found out of this event with one week to prepare for a change. In the article, they listed the ticket prices and a post game autograph session where you are guranteed to meet the players and the coaches but you need a VIP ticket to do that. So the following day, I contacted the head of ticket sales for the Detroit Shock and when it was all said and done again LOL, I was barely able to land a couple VIP tickets for the meet and greet postgame autograph session with the Detroit Shock. Honestly if it weren't for Bill Laimbeer and Rick Mahorn coaching this team, I wouldn't of bothered graphing this event at all. I wanted to keep my streak going of successfully getting Bill Laimbeer for a change since he has been so hard to get in the past. It is nice to get lucky for a change and land those VIP tickets for the autograph session which I did hear later on that it did officially sell out up here in Traverse City.

I did end up going to the game and saw the whole thing. I was surprise at how physical this preseason game turned out to be but the Shock did win. Finally the autograph session did happen and they set up tables in the middle of this local high school gym after the game.

Here are the results I had from this Detroit Shock event:

Detroit Shock in Traverse City (Bill Laimbeer!!!) 5/30/09

Shock

(Got all the players on a "Go Shock" handout card they gave out during the game.)

Moving on to the good stuff now!!!:

Pistons

Rick Mahorn 2/3 cards, (HAD HELP) 2/3 cards

Now the mojo from this event!!!:

Bill Laimbeer 1 SI cover, 1/3 cards, (HAD HELP) 2/3 cards, and a dual pic with Mahorn in the pic!!!!! (VERY HAPPY to get him again!!! I was very surprised he did 2 per for people at this event despite the organizers saying one per person. He didn't really look up much but if anyone wants to know more, I will share later. What also surprised me was that, he agreed to a pic. Talk about lucky I guess!!!)

I am now 2/11 in my attempts to land Bill Laimbeer with the last 2 attempts a success. Its nice to get lucky for a change but Laimbeer signing 2 per for people at this autograph session was shocking to me.

That is all I have to share here result wise from this event. Thanks alot for looking at this thread here today!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

Sweet successes with the Shocks, especially with Mahorn and Laimbeer, since he's tough to get. Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Country

cool

Blog Entries
    Country

very nice