Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Two-for-two: Red Wings top Penguins 3-1 in Game 2

By Kevin Allen, USA TODAY
    DETROIT Defenseman Jonathan Ericsson is four days removed from an appendectomy, and he scored a huge goal. Justin Abdelkader is a month removed from being a minor leaguer.

GALLERY: Top shots from the Stanley Cup Finals
    ANALYSIS: Kevin Allen's Game 2 report card
    MALKIN: Avoids Game 3 suspension

But both rookies scored for the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday as their depth showed again in a 3-1 win against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

"The minutes Abdelkader has played have been very valuable," Red Wings veteran Dan Cleary said. "He's a young player who is going to be a great NHL player.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...s-game-2_N.htm
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Find Hockey Cards on Kronozio!!
    Looks like another Red Wings Championship.

At least hossa will get to hold the cup this year.

Bakeryracing...I agree this series is not the most exciting to watch mainly because Pittsburgh stinks....But that Wings vs. Ducks was absolutely awesome. I said back in round 2 that wings vs. ducks would be the stanley cup final...and it pretty much was. Almost every game was by 1 goal, and it went to game 7 and was decided by 1 goal. A very very exciting series in my opinion. The NHL has a problem with the East being sooooooooooo weak.

How can Malkin jump (looked like he attacked using his stick on the video) Zetterberg from behind..and NOT get suspended.

I am from the old school where fights were expected during the game, but to attack from behind?

Or maybe it's just my emotions....go Wings!...hey the Tigers won yesterday too!

...and the Pistons and Lions DID NOT lose yesterday...Okay..they didn't play..but still a good day for Detroit teams!

yeah it looked like malkin 2 handed him over the top of the head as well.. any other team in any other series and this is a multigame suspension. disgusting..

Quote Originally Posted by rksnascards View Post
    How can Malkin jump (looked like he attacked using his stick on the video) Zetterberg from behind..and NOT get suspended.

I am from the old school where fights were expected during the game, but to attack from behind?

Or maybe it's just my emotions....go Wings!...hey the Tigers won yesterday too!

...and the Pistons and Lions DID NOT lose yesterday...Okay..they didn't play..but still a good day for Detroit teams!
    Malkin was out of line, but Zetterberg was the one who started that with the shove to the face of Talbot in front of the net. Thats when Malkin jumped in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    yeah it looked like malkin 2 handed him over the top of the head as well.. any other team in any other series and this is a multigame suspension. disgusting..
    I doubt it. They were discussing it on ESPN and Melrose actually made a decent point. Does Kobe get suspended in he Finals? No. Thats just the league looking out for itself. People do not like preferential treatment, but it happens. The only thing it has to do with the Penguins is that they are a team with 2 superstars. Had it been Ovechkin, or Igina, or Zetterberg, etc, there is still no way a suspension is handed down. Sports is just as much a business as it is a game. I thinks its silly for people to expect the NHL or any other league to suspend its best players when it should be showcasing them, especially for some little scrum at the end of the game. If this were the case then Getzlaf, Datsyuk, Neidermeyer and Rafalski, Corey Perry all should have been suspended for game 7 of the Detroit Anaheim series.

they suspended other people this playoff season for similar incidents..

Quote Originally Posted by Cerialthriller View Post
    they suspended other people this playoff season for similar incidents..
    But who are those other people? Brashear? Even that was an example of preferential treatment. Brashear gets 5 games for a hit because it was too late, but otherwise clean. Then Kronwall gets nothing because he hits a guy too early? Its a double standard, and like I said, it should not be that way, but it is. I can not really say I have a problem with it, because I want to see the best guys out there.

Its absolutly wrong and disgusting the way the NHL handles these incidents. You can't suspend 1 guy because he is considered a "Goon" and then let a "Superstar" get away with it.

This type of stuff makes me so angry. Fair treatment for all.
    Last edited by TysonX504; 06-01-2009 at 01:54 PM. Reason: language
    Hidden Content / Hidden Content
    My Maple Leaf Collection! (Work in Progress)
    Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders.

Hidden Content

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast