Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

if some dude who worked in there gave you some jerseys out the back door you have no way of authenticating them. It still loses it value because it is no longer an authentic licensed card. Maybe I wouldnt mind if the card cost like $5 instead of $200 and I knew before hand.

You could possibly catch an ebay seller if he bought the card on ebay and the original sellers scan shows a different patch then the card that you just sold on ebay.

Blog Entries
    Country

wow thats crazy! thank god someone caught on!

SCF Rewards
    Country

You could possibly catch an ebay seller if he bought the card on ebay and the original sellers scan shows a different patch then the card that you just sold on ebay.

Quite true, I guess the smarter ones make sure there aren't any scans floating around online

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (117)
    Country

For anyone who is wondering and didn't read the original post both Ebay ID's are linked to the same person. There's several cases presented showing the person buying the plain swatch and selling the altered swatch. The Malkin LL for example was bought as a marginal 2 color by kao_seneca and also relisted by kao_seneca as the altered 250 Logo version. The Weber was purchased using the one ID and sold with the other. Even though the name on the ebay account was different they were matched via the users IP's to a known IP for that individual thus it is the same fella runing both accounts. You can put any name you want to appear in the ebay information.

Darren

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, what a hobby! LOL

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (73)
    Country
    Twitter: @@sholi2000 See sholi2000's Items on eBay

The loser is question is also a HI member. I hope that the mods here look into his ID's.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    HI (64)
    Country

Back on topic you two...

Dude is a scumbag, and if he's here, he should be banned from here too.
    Same goes for EVERY hobby site.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Dude is a scumbag, and if he's here, he should be banned from here too.
    Same goes for EVERY hobby site.

I can confirm that SCF is on the case and that this person never traded here and probably never will once all info is confirmed. So don't worry about that part.

Also let's keep this thread on the topic intended.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders Saskatchewan Roughriders
    See goose97's Items on eBay

For anyone who is wondering and didn't read the original post both Ebay ID's are linked to the same person. There's several cases presented showing the person buying the plain swatch and selling the altered swatch. The Malkin LL for example was bought as a marginal 2 color by kao_seneca and also relisted by kao_seneca as the altered 250 Logo version. The Weber was purchased using the one ID and sold with the other. Even though the name on the ebay account was different they were matched via the users IP's to a known IP for that individual thus it is the same fella runing both accounts. You can put any name you want to appear in the ebay information.

Darren

I find this quite amazing indeed. With all the work this guy went forward to purchase the typical plain jane cards, and the extra specialized effort to re-work them into a more eyecatching, and appealing bite for someone wanting a marvelous patch..... You would think that this guy would have though a better way to avoid detection, and right there. Easy for all with good eyes, and memories. Plain as day! A fraud is spotted.

Gifted, but not smart.

I think however they should give this guy a job at Upper Deck......
    Strike that! Not a job..... Community service duty instead.
    Searching for: Jagr, Palffy, Stumpel, and Boyd
    ***Doing some massive updating. Please be patient!***
    My new trade page is almost complete. My player want lists, and PC is still under construction. It's progress is here:
    Hidden Content
    For Easy Trading use the SCF Inventory Manager! It is Fully Up to Date!!!
    Search my inventory on SCF here:
    Hidden Content
    Also Looking for any CFL Saskatchewan Roughriders Cards!!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

Guys this is not the place to debate about your HI accounts... Can you keep it to PMs please?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast