Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See andora_s_box's Items on eBay

i mean the specific part of the border

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mikealstdi's Items on eBay

****, I have to admit he does a good job, nice looking patches. But it's still not right. Does anyone know if he only does hockey, I would hate to buy a fake kobe. **** now i'm scared to buy anymore patches on ebay make me wonder if their are more people like this out there.

SCF Rewards
    Country

****, I have to admit he does a good job, nice looking patches. But it's still not right. Does anyone know if he only does hockey, I would hate to buy a fake kobe. **** now i'm scared to buy anymore patches on ebay make me wonder if their are more people like this out there.

Being from Toronto, I'm 99.9% sure he ONLY does hockey stuff... and only Upper Deck cards.

SCF Rewards
    Country

this is sick stuff to read... somebody must stop him.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Frankly, I think he does a pretty good job. Really, if you think about it, and I mean REALLY think about, what difference does it make in the end? This guy took the time and effort to spice up the card and make it look fantastic, haha.

Why do we put so much prestige on the fact that the card came straight from UD without any other work done on it?? The original card was manufactured by some random dude at the company, why are we treating his handwork like a Picasso artpiece? Just think of this new guy as another worker in the manufacturing line. Would you feel better if he was sent a paycheque by UD? Because that is the only thing that separates the worker at UD and this other guy.

This statement includes a tad of sarcasm, but only a tad. If the jerseys are gameworn then thats another story of course, but for the sake of this argument go under the assumption that I was considering non-gameworn jerseys only.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See briannjen's Items on eBay

Frankly, I think he does a pretty good job. Really, if you think about it, and I mean REALLY think about, what difference does it make in the end? This guy took the time and effort to spice up the card and make it look fantastic, haha.

Why do we put so much prestige on the fact that the card came straight from UD without any other work done on it?? The original card was manufactured by some random dude at the company, why are we treating his handwork like a Picasso artpiece? Just think of this new guy as another worker in the manufacturing line. Would you feel better if he was sent a paycheque by UD? Because that is the only thing that separates the worker at UD and this other guy.

This statement includes a tad of sarcasm, but only a tad. If the jerseys are gameworn then thats another story of course, but for the sake of this argument go under the assumption that I was considering non-gameworn jerseys only.

Every jersey or patch card ive ever gotten from UD has been game worn or in the case of rookies photo shoot worn since they hadnt played a game yet. Im sorry but I just dont want my game worn patch to actually come from a knock-off jersey from china. I dont really think this guy is paying $350 for an official jersey to doctor up one card that he'll get $100 for. So your game used patch is being replaced with an unlicensed knock-off.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

It's illegal and I will leave my comment at this.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good point Cerial. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the card even tho it may look prettier. Its like buying a honda and putting Porsche insignia on it and trying to get a porsche price. it is just wrong.
    Brian

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's illegal and I will leave my comment at this.

For sure, yes, it's a very dishonorable thing to do and should certainly be regarded as an illegal activity, I will not debate this. All I was trying to get through with my post was that we shouldn't underappreciate a card just because someone outside of UD worked on it. I mean, if you look at it completely objectively like I outlined in my post, I don't see a difference.

I'm merely taking the approach of the devil's advocate with this but I thought I could stir up some interesting conversation.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Good point Cerial. It really detracts from the enjoyment of the card even tho it may look prettier. Its like buying a honda and putting Porsche insignia on it and trying to get a porsche price. it is just wrong.
    Brian

Yes, but the porsche is a much better car, frankly the insignia means squat in relative terms. The two patches on the cards however, the one from UD and the one from this other guy, are both made from the same cloth (assuming we're talking non-gameworn), and both come from average Joe's, so you really can't make that comparison. You're car analogy suggests that an item is being disguised as something its not (honda to porsche), when really (in the case of cards), technically, its exactly the same, produced the same way, but just enhanced visually.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast