Blackhawks opt out of three draft picks

By: Al Cimaglia

The Blackhawks had until June 1 to sign three of their selections from the 2007 NHL draft, but they chose not to retain their rights.

Goalie Josh Unice and forward Maxime Tanguay were third-round picks in 2007. Right wing Richard Greenop was a fifth-round selection. All three players will be eligible to re-enter the upcoming NHL draft, held June 26-27 in Montreal.

Unice chose to leave Bowling Green University to play for Kitchener in the Ontario Hockey League to start the 2007-2008 season and had a fine campaign. He played in only 28 regular-season games this past year, splitting time between Kitchener and Windsor of the OHL. I was somewhat surprised he was not signed, but his play appeared to drop off this season.

http://espn.go.com/chicago/columns/b...&name=cimaglia
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Having seen Unice in Kitchener a lot (Cambridge is right next door) I'd be all over him in the 5th, myabe 6th round. He's not a guy I'd take high..... but could add some nice depth to any organization's goaltending, and has a chance to actually make the NHL one day.

Quote Originally Posted by senrab View Post
    There's a team that's got cap issues

tell me about it.

Quote Originally Posted by senrab View Post
    Brian Campbell's contract.........LOL

he's a good d-man but not worth the money. If we don't resign Havlet and Khabibulin that's about 11 million that frees up. Then next year we get to worry about Toews,Kane and Keith.
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

Never liked him as a Sabre, except for the hit on Umberger

he's not one of my favorite Hawks but i guess we're stuck with him. Now if he can only skate back to play 'D' as fast as he skates up with the puck, when he can hold on to the puck.lol
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

Well at least you have a team to worry about. Some teams don't even have the talent in place to worry about keeping LOL.

DOn
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!