Exhibit A to how ridiculous it has become...

Did global warming help bring down Air France flight 447?

As the investigation continues as to what brought down the French airliner over the Atlantic Ocean with 228 people on board, a Russian climatologist believes global warming played a significant part.
    The wonderful sections of this fascinating article:

Does global warming pose a threat to the airline industry?
    and of course, the "logical" question ():

Should we be afraid to fly?
    And there are people who don't understand why "global warming" is considered a joke...

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    did you see the burger king owner who posted "global warming is a joke" or something like that on his billboard, and now BK corporate is trying to have him remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    did you see the burger king owner who posted "global warming is a joke" or something like that on his billboard, and now BK corporate is trying to have him remove it?
    Hadn't heard about it...have a link?

But global warming should stop because there are more pirates on the seas :(

Quote Originally Posted by OnePimpTiger View Post
    Hadn't heard about it...have a link?
    yeah....here it is

That's pretty funny, but I would be ticked if I was a higher up too. One thing you don't do if you want your business to be successful is talk politics...that's why you use stock, ambiguous answers like the one the CEO gave a while back ("an overriding issue of importance for the global community, business community and people in general"). Personal views are one thing, express them how you wish. But if you're representing a company (or your sign is), you stay away from politics.

Quote Originally Posted by spoodini View Post
    But global warming should stop because there are more pirates on the seas :(
    True that!

global warming = melting icebergs = more water for more pirates!

YARRRR!

Quote Originally Posted by OnePimpTiger View Post
    That's pretty funny, but I would be ticked if I was a higher up too. One thing you don't do if you want your business to be successful is talk politics...that's why you use stock, ambiguous answers like the one the CEO gave a while back ("an overriding issue of importance for the global community, business community and people in general"). Personal views are one thing, express them how you wish. But if you're representing a company (or your sign is), you stay away from politics.
    agreed completely...did you ever get those chain emails with the guy who owns a bar and posts funny political messages on them? that guy owns his own place and doesn't have to answer to corporate...if he's not worried about it affecting his business, then good for him

but when you are a franchise owner, then you have to think that everybody who sees your billboard is going to associate all franchises with your message

EDIT: here's a link to the bar signs i was talking about....i get emails with this guys signs all the time

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    agreed completely...did you ever get those chain emails with the guy who owns a bar and posts funny political messages on them? that guy owns his own place and doesn't have to answer to corporate...if he's not worried about it affecting his business, then good for him

but when you are a franchise owner, then you have to think that everybody who sees your billboard is going to associate all franchises with your message

EDIT: here's a link to the bar signs i was talking about....i get emails with this guys signs all the time
    Yeah if you're not worried about actual business, put up whatever you want if you're the owner. Personally, I would never do anything like that with my business...it's just not good biz.