Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Anyone else have to collect on a budget?

I look in buckets, and I see a lot of high end PC's... It makes me wonder how people do it.

Currently, I'm injured and unable to work. Thankfully I still get a portion of my paycheck, but even when I am working I still couldn't afford half of the PC's I look at.

So, how many members of this site are forced to collect on a limited budget? I personally only contribute around $50 a month towards my collecting right now. What about you guys?

I know what you mean, there are some months that I can go $100 and that is when things are going good...other than that, I am hitting about 50 bucks too...darn economy

BAM

Even less than that...and I'm working full time! We decided to sell our house in TN and move back to our hometown in NC at the worst time since the Great Depression, so we've been paying the mortgage for a house we don't live in for two years now and we moved from really good jobs with great pay to iffy jobs with not so great pay. So we're pretty strapped right now, almost no extra spending. Out of the family budget, I'll only buy a few packs of cards at Wal-Mart each month...probably $10-20. If I want to spend more, I sell some cards and whatever I get from selling cards goes back into cards. I don't do it now because it's so inefficient money-wise, but I miss busting wax sooooooo bad! Haven't opened a box since around February I think.

And yes, I'm definitely jealous of many buckets I see...is it sad that one of the first things I would do if I won the lottery would be buy a case of National Treasures? Screw paying off the bills, new vehicles, vacations, etc...I want some NT!!

I was very active...until I lost my monthly bonus which was almost half my pay. Now, just making the bills every month is a priority. I need to stay in this job until next May when my youngest son graduates from High School then I can relocate and double what I make now. I just can't pull him out of school when he has 1 year left, it would not be fair. So, we suck it up, tighten our belts and move on. I have not even been able to trade as I don't want to spend money on supplies and postage!

Quote Originally Posted by mikpaq77 View Post
    I was very active...until I lost my monthly bonus which was almost half my pay. Now, just making the bills every month is a priority. I need to stay in this job until next May when my youngest son graduates from High School then I can relocate and double what I make now. I just can't pull him out of school when he has 1 year left, it would not be fair. So, we suck it up, tighten our belts and move on. I have not even been able to trade as I don't want to spend money on supplies and postage!
    I know what you mean... My wife recently finished her degree, and we could move 70 miles away and she could probably make double, but she doesn't want to move the kids... Says it wouldn't be fair to them.

And as far as the trading goes, I've already dropped nearly $20 at the PO this week, and I'm BRAND new to the trading thing... I'm gonna go broke!

The one bad thing about trading/collecting on a budget is that the USPS keeps jacking up shipping costs every year.

It gets to the point where if you are doing this on a budget (which most people are nowadays), it's hard to be able to actually buy cards you need AND trade, just because of shipping costs.

I try and spend no more than $150 a month on cards. I use to basically only buy packs and boxes because it was fun but since about last August I've pretty much have been only buying and trading singles and any money I make off selling a card goes right towards another one but I still by the occasional pack or box. I think spending any money I make off cards back into more cards is a good way to build up a nice collection.

I am on a limited budget as well. I'm one of those overly academic liberal arts types who can't land well-paying jobs like engineering or business management, so I just do the low end collecting aspect.

I am on a loose budget living with my g/f at the condo. I don't kill all my extra money on cards, I got other itches besides cards. I might spend 100-150 a month on cards.

My budget is EXTREMELY tight...$0.00

I dont pay my postage though, the money i use to get from my mom for boxes goes to postage now, whatever i sell, thats what i use to buy more cards, i do buy boxes on my birthday and during the hollidays though!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast