Thread: Very Cool Carey Price Story

Very Cool Carey Price Story

Last night there was a comment left on the GF's flickr photostream about the pic of the Carey Price stick that now lives in our home. As it turns out, it's from a fellow owner of a Carey gamer, and she's got a really cool story about how she got it from the game in Vancouver. It is these kinds of stories that just make ya smile when you read them because she is so incredibly happy:

http://www.tracy-lee.com/2009/02/priceless-o16o28.html

Shane, I think this one comes a close second to your big evening meeting Carey!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Great story Richard, I bet that will stay in her possession for a long long time...

Great story, great kid, great team!

Always nice to get something from a player you like no matter How old you are LOL. Thanks for sharing.

DOn
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

Yeah I got a kick out of that one - in the pro wrestling lexicon that's what would be called "marking out" - and I would have definitely been doing that big-time!
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 241 Unique Cards + 14 1/1's!!!

2018-19 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Brendan Gallagher, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content

Very nice story.

Better than my brother's. He was at Pierrefonds Sportsplexe. This is one of the arenas in Montreal where the Habs do their fall training camp. Fall 2007-2008. The rookies were on the ice. My brother was there with his 2 sons to watch the open practice. After it ended, my brother who was really impressed with the way PK Subban skated and played overall, yelled out to him "Hey PK!". Well he didn't hear him, but Carey who was skating off with Subban, turned around and spotted my brother and his brood. He turned around and skated towards them and threw his stick up to them! Lucky buggers!

Forward a couple of months later and he had a few friends over for supper and he told them the story. Apparently, one of the friends knew somebody who worked in the Habs lockerroom and offered to get it autographed for them. About a week later, he brought the stick over - signed!! Cool story but not as cool as getting your picture in the newspaper!