Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Unhappy My 1st Case Ever: 07/08 O-Pee-Chee Premier. Quality Issues? WHAT THE.................

Unfortunately, a lot of the great cards are damaged in some sort of way.

To me, this is a lot of money to be spent on few cards, so one would think the quality control wouldn't be this poor on such a high-end product. I'm trying to keep my cool here and not to start yelling or complaining too much, but some of the cards were huge and I'm beyond fuming mad they were in this condition. What do I do?????

For now, I'm only showing a few damaged ones............

GOLD SPECTRUM
    #6 - Niklas Lidstrom (#'d 4/5) *can't tell in the pic, but the upper-right, lower-right & lower-left corners are bent upwards!*

PAIRINGS PATCHES AUTO
    PC-HK - Marian Hossa & Ilya Kovalchuck (#'d 19/25) *the left side, towards the bottom is chipped & the lower-left corner is knicked!*

REMNANTS QUADS
    PR-HE - Danny Heatley (#'d 07/25) *lower-left corner is kicked & the left side of the card is coming unglued!*

ROOKIE JERSEY AUTOS
    #112 - David Krejci (silver spectrum #'d 27/35) *upper-right side of card is bent up*

#129 - Tuukka Rask (#'d 016/299) *lower right corner is bent upwards & frayed*

#151 - Steve Downie (#'d 098/299 & 095/299) *all lower corners are dinged-up. One lower right-side is chipped and
    to top it off, it was a double!*

PENMANSHIP
    PP-MN - Markus Naslund (#'d 025/100 & 059/100) *both cards are chipped all the way around, one bottom is bent upwards on the right side. Again, to top it off, it was a double!*

RARE REMNANTS TRIPLES
    PT-GDP Chris Drury, Scott Gomez & Petr Prucha (gold #'d 08/35) *lower-left corner is screwed, upper right front has an imprint from something

ORIGINAL 6 SIGNATURES
    #O6-BH - Bobby Hull (#'d 051/100) *see scratch below the 2007-08 and frayed corner

Last edited by Offender_Mullet; 06-20-2009 at 08:01 PM.

2. Kronozio
    Personally, I would say just contact UD, take some better pics and ask them what to do. They will often send replacements.

Steve

Wow, Toews auto rookie jersey is screwed-up, along with a Kovalchuk auto. This is getting ridiculous.

Edit: Also noticing about 75% of all these cards on the back are frayed along the edges & corners to some degree.
    Last edited by Offender_Mullet; 06-27-2009 at 09:14 PM.

that sucks, if you got any sharks autos jerseys patches or 1/1s I wouldnt mind taking them off your hands even if they are slightly damaged

You definitely need to go to UD for this, it is a lot of money as you say and you are within your rights to expect much better than this. Some nice pulls nonetheless especially if you manage to get some replacements...

Quote Originally Posted by G0SHARKSG0 View Post
    that sucks, if you got any sharks autos jerseys patches or 1/1s I wouldnt mind taking them off your hands even if they are slightly damaged
    Only autos were: Hossa/Kovalchuk, Paul Stastny/Marek Svatos, Ilya Kovalchuk (single), Paul Stastny (single), Markus Naslund x2, Steve Downie x2, Bobby Clarke, Larry Robinson, Bobby Hull, Borje Salming, Tuukka Rask, Nicklas Backstrom, Jonathan Toews, Andy Greene, T.J. Hensick, Petr Klaus, Martin Hanzal, Matt Niskanen, David Krejci and Rod Pelley.

Quote Originally Posted by Pheebs888 View Post
    You definitely need to go to UD for this, it is a lot of money as you say and you are within your rights to expect much better than this. Some nice pulls nonetheless especially if you manage to get some replacements...
    What kills me is I pulled so many good cards from this case. It was a really fun product to open, but my enthusiasm fell off a cliff after taking a closer look at most of them.

These pictures don't show the damage well at all. I need to use a scanner instead. If it were up to me, I'd send everything to Upper Deck and demand a new case. This type of low build quality is not what a "premium product" is suppose to give you.

Here are a few pictures of cards that were not messed-up:

Last edited by Offender_Mullet; 06-11-2009 at 03:11 AM.

Woa love the look of the Quebec triple and the Vezina winners...great cards!

Will you email UD?

That is nuts that there was that much damage. There needs to be better QC all around.

I would be interested in the Hossa/Kovi. PCMB and let me know by PM

Thanks
    Chris
    WTTF :
    Erik Karlsson/Marian Hossa/Billy Smith/Curtis Lazar Rookies

Hidden Content

i think thats one of the problems with hard signed auto cards, they have to be shipped a couple times and im sure these dudes arent enjoying themselves while signing these and arent taking the best of care in handling them.. not that thats right but if UD gets back 250 signed cards from whatever athlete and some of them are a little damaged i dont know what else to do aside from make new cards for the damaged ones, have them resigned and throw in a couple of redemptions so now they have live cards and redeptions for the same card..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast