Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Voter turnout could help unseat Iran's Ahmadinejad

His campaign caught fire in recent days, triggering massive street rallies in Tehran. Now, heavy voter turnout believed unprecedented Friday could help reformist Mir Hossein Moussavi win Iran's presidential election.

Voters crowded the steps of one polling place in Tehran, some waiting more than three hours underneath the hot sun to cast their ballots. Some were lining up even before the polls opened at 8 a.m.

Moussavi's main rival is President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, blamed by many Iranians for the nation's four-year economic turmoil and known in the West for his vehement rhetoric regarding Iran's nuclear program and condemnation of Israel.

Officials had to extend the polling time from 10 hours to 12 hours to accommodate the massive lines of voters. Kamran Daneshjoo, head of the election's office, called the turnout unprecedented.
    I don't know much about Moussavi (by much I mean anything), but I can't help but think this would be a great thing if Ahmadinejad is out.

Quote Originally Posted by OnePimpTiger View Post

I don't know much about Moussavi (by much I mean anything), but I can't help but think this would be a great thing if Ahmadinejad is out.
    how much do you know about Ahmadinejad?

Enough to know I'd rather he not be president of Iran.

Are you just in the mood to pick on me today?

Enough to know I'd rather he not be president of Iran.

Are you just in the mood to pick on me today?
    lol...my bad...im not trying to pick, but it is friday, so im always a little more feisty

i was just curious how much you know about him...i know very little about him

Only what I've read in the news...all about the nuclear program, comments against US, apparently doesn't represent the majority of Iranians, does what he wants...all that jazz.

Ahmadinejad won the election with over 63% of the vote, but there are many questions being raised about the validity of the election. Many world leaders are commenting with their doubts as to whether Ahmadinejad actually won.

Ahmadinejad won the election with over 63% of the vote, but there are many questions being raised about the validity of the election. Many world leaders are commenting with their doubts as to whether Ahmadinejad actually won.
    sounds like Florida 2000 or Ohio 2004

Quote Originally Posted by RedGoneWILD View Post
    sounds like Florida 2000 or Ohio 2004
    C'mon now...I think what would be at least 26% swing (if it is proven to be fraudulent and Moussavi received every other vote cast) is a little bit different than a very small percentage of debated votes.

First, if you think the jingoist necromongers in the Iranian government would ever let a fair election happen on their watch, you're out of your mind.

Second, if you think the jingoist necromongers in the American government would ever want a fair election to happen in Iran, you're out of your mind.

You know, I've read a lot of posts here and elsewhere saying we should bomb Iran, kill Iranians, blah blah blah. Those of you saying that realize people live in that country, right? If you needed proof that Ahmadienjad doesn't represent Iranian interests then take a look at the millions protesting. Did George W. Bush represent what all Americans felt?

Ahmadinejad stole this election. A record turn out of voters did not come out to vote for him. The supreme leader says they are looking into allegations of election fraud. BS. He had a hand in the fraud.

For the people of Iran I'm very saddened that democracy was stolen from them by a dictator. Most Iranians want change and more freedom. They want to be friends with the U.S. Heck, they just want to use Facebook! lol at Ahmadinejad banning it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast