What do you guys think about the flopping in the nba

I have been watching the nba for about 4 years, and that whole time players would flopp on a regulare basis. I have been watching alot of older nba games from the 80s and 90s and dont see much flopping if any. You guys who have been watching bball for a long time can you tell me when all this flopping started or if it has always been like this. Alot of people i have talked to say it started when european players started to enter the NBA. What do you guys think?

I think the referees ruined it really. Since if you touch the player they will blow the whistle, so far more players feel that if they fall when hit the whistle will blow. Back in the day they let the players play more and didn't call ticky tack fouls

Players flop because it gives them an advantage. It would be stupid to not do every thing you can to win.

It is not the referees fault, it is the NBA's fault. They grant superstar status to players and then those players are so protected that the rest of the league is forced to flop, or just lose. It has little to do with refs calling 'tick tack' fouls and all to do with what the NBA lets players (mostly its stars) get away with today.

My opinion of course.

Quote Originally Posted by cj3113 View Post
    Players flop because it gives them an advantage. It would be stupid to not do every thing you can to win.

It is not the referees fault, it is the NBA's fault. They grant superstar status to players and then those players are so protected that the rest of the league is forced to flop, or just lose. It has little to do with refs calling 'tick tack' fouls and all to do with what the NBA lets players (mostly its stars) get away with today.

My opinion of course.
    I agree with you. The NBA wants a clean image and stars to market. The rule changes were done to make money. I understand why they were done though.

This is why i hate Varajeo
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

fix the officiating and the flops will disappear

Quote Originally Posted by gladdyontherise View Post
    This is why i hate Varajeo

him and manu

The sad part is that players who wouldnt normally do it have to.

It's all part of the game....they're doing anything they can to get an edge. Just like pump faking and then jumping into the defender to draw a foul, or if you're running out of time inbounding the ball or diving for a ball going out of bounds - literally throwing the basketball at an opposing player to hope it hits them and goes out of bounds. How about when they inbound the ball and let the ball roll to half court before they touch it just to save a couple of extra seconds because the clock doesn't start until you touch the ball....There are a lot of these 'tricks' that happen all game long. It's just how the game has evolved. Peronally I don't mind it. Do anything you can to win. That's what they're paid to do - win.