Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So...the season is now officially over, what were your highlights?

It's been a great season once again in the NHL and plenty of highlights to go around. What were the feat that particularly stuck for you guys? Here are mine:

5. Seeing Mario Lemieux raise the Cup as an owner last night, he has done so much for this franchise that it's great he got a Cup in another capacity. Pittsburgh can really thank their lucky star that they drafted him all those years ago...

4. Ovechkin, from the "scandal" about his overzealous celebrations to the effort he puts in entertaining the fans night after night and the impressive number of goals he racks up every season. That spin by the board move to go score against my Habs was quite something.

3. Kovalev winning the MVP at the All-Star game. If he leaves Montreal this summer we will have this to remember him by. I really do hope he stays..

2. Marty breaking Patty's wins record, quite the accomplishment and I loved how much it was covered by the press. Kudos also to ITG for the Brodeur Superboxes and I look forward to Marty racking up even more wins.

1. All the way back in November, the Habs retired Patrick's jersey, to me that was the highlight of the season because it was about time for him to be welcomed back in the Canadiens family. Loved the ceremony and the montage they showed, here's to hoping that in the not too far future, he will be back with the Habs in some capacity.

Those are just my highlights but I'm really curious to know yours...So, what are they?

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    My top moment

Taking Olivia to her 1st game in October vs. Boston. Sabres won 3-2, but seeing her eyes watching the pregame skate, they were as big as saucers! I can't wait until she can comprehend more things!

If you have unwanted cards you are looking to purge, please consider a donation to my family's mission in helping to find a cure for Olivia's disorder Diamond Blackfan Anemia. Cards donated will be sold on eBay, COMC or locally in the Buffalo/Niagara area to support the Hidden Content .
    Shipping done on Saturdays for all Addresses
    Contact me for any site related issues
    Support SCF Sponsors

3. Jacques Lemaire steps down as Wild head coach, hopefully ridding us of the defensive system.

2. Minnesota finally fires Doug Risebrough as GM, and hires Chuck Fletcher.

1. Cal Clutterbuck breaking the single season "hits" record as a rookie.

Hopefully next season will have some better highlights than that.

The Blackhawks having the season they did and getting as far as they did in the playoffs.
    Want List; Hidden Content
    Trade List; Hidden Content
    15/16 OPC Platinum Wants; Hidden Content

Voting like a madman in the final few hours to ensure that Carey Price beat Marc-Andre Fleury in the fan balloting to be the All-Star Game Starting Goaltender.

The Roy Jersey Retirement Night. Sitting three rows behind Patrick during a Remparts/Mooseheads game.

Josh Gorges scoring his first goal as a Montreal Canadien.

Chatting briefly with Bob Gainey, Guy Carbonneau, and Josh Gorges outside the Metro Centre when they were here to play Boston. The game itself was not a highlight.

Shea Weber racking up 23 goals and being an All-Star, all but locking up a spot on Team Canada's 2010 roster.

Even though I like Ovechkin better, it was still pretty cool to see Crosby win his first Stanley Cup.

And of course, this:
    Carey Price fan and collector!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 236 Unique Cards + 13 1/1's!!!

2017-18 Habs Collections: Carey Price, Shea Weber, Max Pacioretty, and Jonathan Drouin

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

The circus that was the Habs Centennial season. From the ridiculous expectations, to the shameful end, for Habs fans this season was like a roller coaster the went of the rails at the top of the biggest loop.

Watching Carey Price dominate from Oct-Dec. I don't remember much after that.

Watching one of my favorite East Coast kids raise the Cup!!

my two favorite moments of the season

and number 1

god scored his 1st goal ON MY BDAY!!! THANKS DREW!

That Hossa screwed himself out of winning the Cup- PRICELESS!!! Detriot losing the finals.

Quote Originally Posted by AquaholicFishing View Post
    That Hossa screwed himself out of winning the Cup- PRICELESS!!! Detriot losing the finals. much anti wing sentiment. Its not like the wings play dirty and win. I honestly think last year and playing the ducks this year took too much out of the wings. Everyone kept saying how out of gas they were and you could just tell.

Top moment for me would have to be the winter classic. Those jerseys were freakin' amazing!

other good ones are beating the ducks in game 7, and keeping the columbus playoff egg alive.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast