Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See icefields02's Items on eBay

i played hockey at a high level for years and always hated shaking hands with guys who moments before were trying to stick you. its a stupid thing. the wings are whinners, most teams used to winning whine when they fail to perform up to expectations and this takes some of the heat off thier shoulders. totally classless by the MEDIA to jump all over this. but what do you expect from people who cant do (media)so they talk about it. they are on the ice as soon as the finalhorn sounds and i have seen them literally grab a player to interview.but i do think mr babcock showed how much of a gentleman he is. crosby is not a god. what i really enjoyed was the sound of booing for bettman. no matter how much of an arrogant little dictator he tries to be i still enjoy watching hockey. the game has changed almost too much.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

this is just very poor sportsmanship. The first thing you do after winning a title is line up for the handshake. I've never once been on a team that had someone forget to do this. Using the he was too busy celebrating because he just won is the the most unsportsman like excuse there is.

I like when you and I agree on things!!!

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Just classless. we all understand he won the Stanley Cup, but as the captain of the team who is suppose to set the example, he should be the first in line to shake the opponents hands, by not doing so, he is giving the term captain a bad taste in my opinion... there is no excuse, In Hockey the teams always shake hands, he is essentially saying he is better than everyone else and can do as he pleases...
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Los Angeles Kings
    See cssportsca's Items on eBay

actually it IS a MUST that he has to do interviews right after the game. But if you look at the video he still went to the line and was shaking some Detroit players hands like Zetterberg first

It is not a must before the handshake - it is a must to do them but not BEFORE the handshake

i played hockey at a high level for years and always hated shaking hands with guys who moments before were trying to stick you. its a stupid thing. the wings are whinners, most teams used to winning whine when they fail to perform up to expectations and this takes some of the heat off thier shoulders. totally classless by the MEDIA to jump all over this. but what do you expect from people who cant do (media)so they talk about it. they are on the ice as soon as the finalhorn sounds and i have seen them literally grab a player to interview.but i do think mr babcock showed how much of a gentleman he is. crosby is not a god. what i really enjoyed was the sound of booing for bettman. no matter how much of an arrogant little dictator he tries to be i still enjoy watching hockey. the game has changed almost too much.

The Shaking of hands shows sportsmanship....At the end of the day, most of them are friends anyway as they have played together at some point of their careers - just go back and watch Guerin at the handshake - he was joking with some Redwings.....and I did watch the video....Lidstrom did wait before he left the ice....the ones Crosby shoke hands with were the second half of Wings that were still shaking the Penguins hands....
    I dont care if it was crosby or Avery or anyone, The captain of a team needs to show sportmanship and lead by example...He did not do that -
    And if he is always picked at everything he does, wouldnt it be smart of him to pay attention what he does.....He was caught up in the moment but he had planty of time on the bench in the third to think things over....
    And like I said before, if it was the other way around, Everyone would be all over Detroit and Lidstrom for not waiting....

And one last thing.......Who can remember if Any captain in the history of the NHL missed the handshake after the Stanley Cup Finals?????

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See rainman67ko's Items on eBay

Like the title says "Congrats Pens...but..."

A Fans response to the criticism of Crosby's late handshake spawned by Drapers comment.

...But it was 30 seconds. People are saying he has no class over 30 seconds? 20 seconds after Draper pulled out of the line Crosby got there. And that can be seen on the video.

...But Draper(A) led the way to the locker room after waiting only 10 seconds. Crosby got there about 20 seconds later and shook hands with Franzen and Zetterberg.

...But did anyone notice the Con Smythe was announced as Malkin was still in the line?

...But Mike Babcock clearly said to Sidney Crosby "...great leadership by you".

...But the Pens battled back from 10th place in February to 4th place for the playoffs on the final day of the regular season taking the position lost by the Flyers.

...But the Pens beat a healthy Flyers team in 6 on the road. The turning point in that series could be Talbots fight with Carcillo.

...But the Pens beat the "O-Show" on the road in 7. The Crosby and Ovechkin hat tricks in one night where fantastic! I wonder if Mr. Semin is still wondering what's so special now that he's had a few weeks off to think about it.

...But the Pens beat Carolina on the road to end a 4 game sweep and punch their ticket for the final. Carolina was on a roll and had pulled 2 upsets to get to the conference finals.

...But the Pens fought to get back to the finals against the team that beat them convincingly the year before in the cup finals. The Ominous and Powerful Detroit Red Wings.

...But the Pens came from a 0-2 game deficit to tie the series 2-2.

...But the Pens recovered from a horrible undisciplined game 5 to win game 6 and force the game 7.

...But the Pens took it from Detroit on their ice in their house.

...But we'll have the Stanley Cup Victory Parade downtown Monday.

...But we'll have all summer with the Stanley Cup.

...But Sidney Crosby will always be despised by someone. Lemieux and Gretzky where not always loved by all either. A good leader does not let the critics direct his next move. A good leader will continue to prepare for whatever is next. Crosby is growing into a good leader.

...But thanks for nothing to everyone bashing Crosby and blowing this ridiculous happenstance into Don Cherry like proportions of critical minutia and a dead end sideshow. There is no story here. Just bitterness and jealousy.

Thanks to everyone who gave unconditional congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Pens Fans.

...But to the haters and bashers - Kiss my ...but.
    Last edited by rainman67ko; 06-14-2009 at 11:50 PM.

Country
    See 41mears41's Items on eBay

I'm used to having the cup. but I am not jealous because nhl isn't life. We know he doesn't deserve the captain because he shows no appreciation at losing and apparently winning. I congratulate them but the nhl and the media along with sidney should wait till the wings leave. And watch what you say btw

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

A Fans response to the criticism of Crosby's late handshake spawned by Drapers comment.

...But it was 30 seconds. People are saying he has no class over 30 seconds? 20 seconds after Draper pulled out of the line Crosby got there. And that can be seen on the video.

...But Draper(A) led the way to the locker room after waiting only 10 seconds. Crosby got there about 20 seconds later and shook hands with Franzen and Zetterberg.

...But did anyone notice the Con Smythe was announced as Malkin was still in the line?

...But the Pens battled back from 10th place in February to 4th place for the playoffs on the final day of the regular season taking the position lost by the Flyers.

...But the Pens beat a healthy Flyers team in 6 on the road. The turning point in that series could be Talbots fight with Carcillo.

...But the Pens beat the "O-Show" on the road in 7. The Crosby and Ovechkin hat tricks in one night where fantastic! I wonder if Mr. Semin is still wondering what's so special now that he's had a few weeks off to think about it.

...But the Pens beat Carolina on the road to end a 4 game sweep and punch their ticket for the final. Carolina was on a roll and had pulled 2 upsets to get to the conference finals.

...But the Pens fought to get back to the finals against the team that beat them convincingly the year before in the cup finals. The Ominous and Powerful Detroit Red Wings.

...But the Pens recovered from a horrible undisciplined game 5 to win game 6 and force the game 7.

...But Sidney Crosby will always be despised by someone. Lemieux and Gretzky where not always loved by all either. A good leader does not let the critics direct his next move. A good leader will continue to prepare for whatever is next. Crosby is growing into a good leader.

...But thanks for nothing to everyone bashing Crosby and blowing this ridiculous happenstance into Don Cherry like proportions of critical minutia and a dead end sideshow. There is no story here. Just bitterness and jealousy.

Thanks to everyone who gave unconditional congratulations to the Pittsburgh Penguins and the Pens Fans.

Pens shouldnt ahve had to dig themselves out a hole to begin with, so I dont why your hyping them up as a cinderella story. Philly just isnt good enough to be a top team, Caps have OV, Carolina, idk how they got to where they got to be honest.

I could care less about the hand shake thing, it doesnt matter to me, I just think Malkin is better than Crosby, but you dont have to believe me, just look at the stats, but thats a whole different argument

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pens shouldnt ahve had to dig themselves out a hole to begin with, so I dont why your hyping them up as a cinderella story. Philly just isnt good enough to be a top team, Caps have OV, Carolina, idk how they got to where they got to be honest.

I could care less about the hand shake thing, it doesnt matter to me, I just think Malkin is better than Crosby, but you dont have to believe me, just look at the stats, but thats a whole different argument

Yep and that proven to be a whole another argument as you say. Good point and that has taken place before and I am sure will follow up again.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See rainman67ko's Items on eBay

Cinderella? Not Pittsburgh but Maybe Carolina. Just a Fan of The Pens living in Pittsburgh and calling it through Pens colored glasses.

I agree that Malkin has performed better than Crosby. I see it every game. Malkin is a better scorer, skater, and stick handler.

As far as the captaincy I think Crosby it the right captain for this team now. I was not convinced when he got the "C" a couple of years ago. I think now the results of his leadership and the support of his teammates efforts speak for themselves.

As for my last line... it was a play on the "...but" theme of the post. It is meat to add levity not to offend. Thank you 07mears07 for the "btw watch what you say" comment and if I have offended anyone please PM me and I will edit.

Crosby's comments on the whole thing - http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/stor...handshake.html

Regards- Kevin
    Last edited by rainman67ko; 06-15-2009 at 12:18 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cabrinihockey98's Items on eBay

What do you expect babcock to say? He has class, he's not going to tell Crosby he had poor leadership. He obviously didn't notice Crosby snub people on hand shakes. He obviously didn't read about Crosby begging refs to ask fans to stop throwing hats in Washington. He was being a class act, and congratulating a player where credit is due.

No one is saying Crosby doesnt deserve the cup. It's just a shame he's the player the league picked to celebrate for the next 20 years. I wish they would have picked someone a little more into the traditions of the game. But, he is still young. Hopefully Crosby matures a bit. The NHL needs it

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast