Marian Hossa says he has no regrets after watching Penguins win Stanley Cup

The Canadian Press

DETROIT - The only thing Marian Hossa would like to change is the final result of Game 7.

After watching his former teammates celebrate with the Stanley Cup on Friday night, Hossa wasn't feeling any regret about his decision to sign with the Detroit Red Wings last summer. He bolted Pittsburgh to win a championship in Motown but is going to have to wait at least one more year to achieve that goal.

"Regret? I don't regret it," Hossa said after a 2-1 loss to the Penguins in Game 7. "It could be different circumstances if I sign in Pittsburgh, they probably couldn't sign some other players and they'd be a different team.

"We could sit here for hours discussing this, but it would be a different team and it could be different things."

http://thehockeynews.com/articles/26...anley-Cup.html

2. Check out the deals at Allgood Collectibles eBay Store
    Well he right he the team that won would be different. Should be fun to see what Hossa has in store now.

DOn
    Customized Shoes for any occasion!
    Hidden Content
    Actions are backed up by words, I wish more of us backed them up!!!
    If you have talent with video editing and would like to join the staff drop me a pm!

He makes some very interesting points there, if Hossa hadn't signed with Detroit, Pittsburgh would not have been able to go out and add a guy like Guerin at the deadline who was huge for them down the stretch.
    Very well put and great article Karine!

Steve

You know, as a Pens fan, we were all conditioned to pin Hossa as a traitor, and I suppose there is a little merit to that. However, after the game last night, I tried to put myself in a "non-Pens fan mindset", and what Hossa did is almost respectable. I don't understand why he didn't think the Penguins had a chance to win the Cup, but I'll always respect a person who chooses championships over money. He thought he was making the best choice to win a title, and probably doesn't deserve all the grief given to him by Penguins fans.

I can't help but feel a little bad for him. Questions about his signing in Detroit will haunt him until he wins a Cup. If he doesn't win one, then for the rest of his life.

i never understood why pens fans called him a traitor to be honest, it wasnt like he was a franchise player and then after the losing the Cup decided to bail, he was traded there at the trade deadline and played what maybe 30 games total with the Pens. He obviously saw something he didn't like or something he liked more about detroit and went there instead of taking the money. I respected him alot for that and was really hoping that his decision paid off but it didn't.

mabe he will go and sign with the pens for a long term now he might think the pens have a chance at the cup again with the years to come