Exclamation 08/09 The Cup Patch Archive Fund: Please contribute!

So now that the news is out about my buddy Jeremy (gomaz) doing this extremely awesome gesture that benefits ALL of us in the hobby, it made me think:

Why should he have to incur the entire financial burden himself for something that will help tens of thousands of hobbyists?

My proposal is this: give a little, whatever you can, to help ease the lashing his wallet will take.

Think about it. He has to pay for a flight from Calgary, a hotel room, is purchasing a $1000 camera as well as all the digital memory he might need.

Add to that his time spent not only capturing 25,000 images but also loading them up somewhere and maintaining that database.

That is HUGE work folks, just ENORMOUS. The time alone away from his job and regular commitments will be tremendous.

I know most will say "Oh, that is so cool!" That's not work!" I guarantee Jeremy will be numb and mindless after about 3 hours of this process. Just think about it, ALL these patches, even the brutal white ones of Joe Blow will have to be documented.

We all owe him some gratitude for this as hobbyists so what better way then lessening the monetary load on his shoulders?

If you can give anything at all, here is his PayPal address:

ebaygomaz@yahoo.com

This is NOT a scam of any kind. Feel free to contact myself or Jeremy (gomaz) at any time for verification of the aforementioned and how the funds are appropriated.

Thoughts of opinions? Anything to add? Post them here or PM me.

Thank you in advance for your help in what I believe is one of the truly great gestures from anyone in this hobby.

I also want to reiterate this was ENTIRELY my idea and not Jeremy's. He is so humble and nice of a guy he would never ask anyone for anything and would do this for free. I still felt like I wanted to make this post.

Thank you for your consideration and donations.

EDIT: Mods, I feel this a VERY important topic. Can we get a sticky for this thread? Thank you.
    Last edited by Prime B; 06-17-2009 at 03:40 PM. Reason: EDIT for Mods
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE GRICE BOYS: Hidden Content

My son Austin's Anze Kopitar
    PC:Hidden Content
    Article #1 I wrote for SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Article #2 I wrote for SCF!Hidden Content

Jeremy is a great guy and I've had the privilege of meeting and trading with him in person. What he is doing here is outstanding and a great step for the hobby in eliminating counterfeits. I hugely support what he is doing and can't wait to see all the pics from The Cup! Good on Upper Deck for making this one happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ComancheKeen View Post
    Jeremy is a great guy and I've had the privilege of meeting and trading with him in person. What he is doing here is outstanding and a great step for the hobby in eliminating counterfeits. I hugely support what he is doing and can't wait to see all the pics from The Cup! Good on Upper Deck for making this one happen.
    I concur.

J is not only a standup and classy guy, but highly intelligent about the hobby and one of the people I really enjoy bantering with.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE GRICE BOYS: Hidden Content

My son Austin's Anze Kopitar
    PC:Hidden Content
    Article #1 I wrote for SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Article #2 I wrote for SCF!Hidden Content

I am going to close this thread pending approval.

It can be opened back up. If approval is given.

Thanks
    Chris
    WTTF :
    Erik Karlsson/Marian Hossa/Billy Smith/Curtis Lazar Rookies

Hidden Content