Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

bgggg2001 - Joe Thornton

Please join me and the rest of the SCF Staff in congratulating the newest member of our Hockey Super Collector Hall of Fame – bgggg2001! Ben’s Joe Thornton collection has grown by leaps and bounds in recent months to well over 1000 cards – he is so actively pursuing Jumbo Joe cards that from the time his application was submitted to the time it was approved, he added a 1-of-1 as well as a hard-to-find Parkhurst True Colors! For all we know, he’s added even more since! He is a very active member on the boards, contributing often to the game day threads in the baseball section and has had many very nice Show & Tell threads.

As you all know, it is not easy to build a massive collection of a superstar that has been in the NHL for over a decade. The competition for cards is often fierce and the manufacturers love to make as many different cards for these elite players – sets like Artifacts and SPGU can really have an adverse effect on a collector’s numbers. For Ben, it just means more to grab! He has nearly 200 unique game-used cards – probably enough to make his own jersey out of them all. Also, many collectors regularly comment on Thornton having one of the nicest signatures of current players. Looking over the 60+ autos in Ben’s collection, it is hard to disagree with that sentiment! In total, Ben has over 1100 Thornton cards in his collection, out of a possible 2970, a very impressive figure.

Here are some of the highlights of Ben’s Thornton collection, which can be seen in its entirety here: http://s27.photobucket.com/albums/c193/bgggg2001/Thornton%20Collection/

Truly an amazing collection to behold.

Here’s a little info about why our newest Super Collector has been so driven in building a supreme Joe Thornton collection:
    I have dedicated myself to only collecting Thornton cards and am always on the lookout for more. I have amassed 1118 unique cards of him [Staff Note: this was the number provided when the application was submitted; it has already grown!] over the years with a BV of almost 15K with a bunch of cards not priced due to scarcity.

I started collecting Thornton after being a die-hard Bruins fan and watching him perform at the World Juniors. I decided to continue to collect his cards after he was traded to San Jose when I realized this would actually be a great move for his career and his hobby interests.

Once again, please everybody give it up for Ben and his "Super" Joe Thornton collection!
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

What a great collection. This badge is def deserved. Please keep up the great work **slow clap**

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sg89collector's Items on eBay

Great collection Ben, you've recently added some great stuff into your collection! Keep it up!

Congrats!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Buffalo Sabres Buffalo Bulls
    See scottkoz20's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack
    Send PayPal to scottkoz20 Member is PayPal Verified

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumm0x26's Items on eBay

Very nice collection Ben! Thornton is definitely one of the best. Keep on adding to that number and I am sure the Sharks move opened up some new colorful patch opportunities for you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See G0SHARKSG0's Items on eBay

very nice collection, congrats on the new badge

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Ottawa Senators Toronto Blue Jays Toronto Raptors
    See hossa18sens's Items on eBay

Congrats on an awesome collection. The new badge will look right at home under your name.

Keep up the good work and update us on any other big grab's

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See LT21Titans27's Items on eBay

That quad sig swatches is just omg unreal

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sweet cards but I looked in his bucket and it said the collection was depicted in it's entirety but I only see the autos and some memorabilia? Does he have a separate bucket for all his rare parallels or inserts?

That said, I was impressed with what I saw, there are some slick pieces in there. BIG congrats to you on your work so far, keep it up.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (17)
    Country
    See iidaemmi's Items on eBay

Fantastic collection Joe..I mean Ben, Big-Joe, Ben and Big-Ben-Joe
    Awesome cards and Thornton is great guy. Im always liked him.

Keep up collecting Big-Ben!

Harri

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast