Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

2009 NHKL Awards in Vegas= FAIL

I hope I'm not the minority here, but that show was THE worst ever.

The opening sucked!

The host sucked!

JR sucked!

Most of the actors sucked!

Most of the dialog sucked!

Lastly the producer Sucked!

The only thing that was done properly was the tribute to Jean Beliveau. Besides that it was a complete blow chunks.

Bring Back Ron McLean, and if you are going to have someone sing then bring in something that represents hockey!

Lord that sucked!

Did I miss anything?

2. Check out Steel City Collectibles Clearance Center
    Glad to see somebody made a thread because it deserved one! I'd love to start a list of everything that went wrong and was wrong about this year's awards show, but I think I already made it clear.

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post

The opening sucked!

The host sucked!

JR sucked!

The only thing that was done properly was the tribute to Jean Beliveau. Besides that it was a complete blow chunks.

Bring Back Ron McLean, and if you are going to have someone sing then bring in something that represents hockey!

Lord that sucked!

Did I miss anything?
    Honestly, it always sucks IMO no matter where they hold it, it has crappy entertainment/personalities.

I think that is why Bettman went with Vegas, at least that is a "destination" spot and should draw some notoriety from the public.

Plus, let's face it, the players want to PARTY since this caps off the year for them (not including the draft) and where better to do that than Sin City?

It is also very anti-climactic. Wow, I wonder who is getting the Hart when Fedorov walks out?

I think Ovechkin and Malkin should go get pie-eyed tonight and improve their English.

I bet it would be fun to attend as a fan or just be around town the days leading up to and after the awards. But on TV, yeah, it sucked as usual.......................
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]THE GRICE BOYS: Hidden Content

My son Austin's Anze Kopitar
    PC:Hidden Content
    Article #1 I wrote for SCF!
    Hidden Content
    Article #2 I wrote for SCF!Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by sholi2000 View Post

The opening sucked!

The host sucked!

JR sucked!

Lord that sucked!

Did I miss anything?
    Don't forget this one.......

CHAKA KHAN SUCKED!

Quote Originally Posted by Prime B View Post
    Honestly, it always sucks IMO no matter where they hold it, it has crappy entertainment/personalities.

I think that is why Bettman went with Vegas, at least that is a "destination" spot and should draw some notoriety from the public.

Plus, let's face it, the players want to PARTY since this caps off the year for them (not including the draft) and where better to do that than Sin City?

It is also very anti-climactic. Wow, I wonder who is getting the Hart when Fedorov walks out?

I think Ovechkin and Malkin should go get pie-eyed tonight and improve their English.

I bet it would be fun to attend as a fan or just be around town the days leading up to and after the awards. But on TV, yeah, it sucked as usual.......................
    Quite honestly, I enjoyed watching the awards in past years. While hosting Ron MacLean as usual, would speak as if he was having a conversation with the crowd and provide insight on past history in the NHL and little facts and figures about players, coaches, and teams.

If Bettman and the NHL did this because the players should come, my opinion is that they got it completely backwards. The awards should bring the awards to the fans, not encourage the players to show up by hosting the awards in Vegas! They even did their so called (and very poor) "tribute to the fans" and oh my god, I think the NHL lost a fan or two when they brought Chaka Kahn back on stage to sing during the tribute.

whats the NHKL? only kidding. Didn't watch, don't care. The Draft I will be watching on the edge of my seat

I watched, wasn't interested at all.
    I would have rather them make it a 30 minute show....

And about the Hart, terrible way to have it announced. By the line mate of one of the players up for it, what is that.

Yeah, skip this one, and the draft is the important thing.

I had tickets to the awards one year when it was in Toronto, 1999 (I think). Had a great time there. I usually watch it on TV.... but I can say right now, next year I won't bother. It was brutal.

I just watched it again to be sure, and yeo it still sucked.

Not to mention, did you guys see the empty seats in the hall? It looked like a Thrasher's game (just kidding, but it was bad).

I should have mentioned Tim Thomas and the Vezina. That was a great speech.

Another nasty gram to be sent to the NHL, I bet I'm on their blocked senders list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast